Chapter 9

Hello all my lovely readers. An update finally!! I know, I'm horrible but hopefully I'll be getting back into my writing groove so I can start updating more regularly. There isn't much to this chapter. It's mainly a filler but I wanted to post it!! I hope you like it and thanks all of you that have stuck with it and have been messaging me to update. This is dedicated to all of you!!

Don't forget to vote and comment!!

****************************************************************************

Kara's POV

The bonfire was going well. Gabriella and Stacy had introduced me to everyone at the party, I think. There was Quil and Embry who were very goofy. They liked to horse around. Jacob, Seth, and Leah were nice enough. Leah was kind of stand-offish at first but she warmed up to me eventually. Seth was a sweetie. It couldn't have been much older than us even though he is out of high school. Jacob, on the other hand, was very mature it seemed for his age.

Jared and Kim, another couple, were sweet. It was weird that most of the group here was paired together. Not weird in a bad way but they all seemed to have the same connection as Gabriella and Brady. They just looked so in love when they were next to each other. It was something to see. Sam and Emily were kind of like the leader of the whole group. They were the oldest in attendance but everyone treated them like they were friends. And I guess that's what they all were. Friends. I was just along for the ride.

I leaned back against a log that was situated close to the fire. The sand I sat on was slightly warmed by the flames but as I dug my toes deeper, the cooler it got. I took a sip of my drink as I looked around the fire. People had separated into groups and were talking. Gabriella had gone to talk to Brady and Stacy was somewhere with Collin. No telling what those two were getting up too. But I didn't mind sitting here by myself. It was a nice night and the crackling of the fire was soothing.

"You mind if I sit here?" I heard someone ask beside me. Looking over, I could tell who it was by the boots they were wearing. I tilted my head back and smiled at Paul.

"No, it's open if you want it," I replied gesturing to the sand. He plopped down next to me and let out a sigh as he stretched out his legs in front of him. I looked at the difference in our legs. He was taller than me obviously so his legs reached closer to the fire. I was just a kid next to him and I guess that fit since he was my teacher. I was just a kid to him.

"Having a good time?" Paul asked pulling me out of my thoughts. I glanced back up at him before looking at the fire. The flames were dancing with a mix of reds and oranges. In the very heart of the fire, you could make out some white which warned of its heat.

"Yeah everyone is really nice. Gabriella has been dragging me from person to person to talk but I'm sure that people will forget my name since I'm the only one that seems to be new here," I said, taking a gulp of my drink before looking back at Paul. His eyebrows were scrunched as if in thought.

"What makes you think you are the only new person here? Any of these people could be new to the party as well," Paul said moving his head around to look at everyone. I scoffed and immediately covered my mouth. Paul smiled at my reaction as I tried to hold in a blush. That was not a very ladylike thing to do. "Disagree with me?" he asked with a low chuckle.

I giggled as well. "Well, yeah I do. Look around Paul. Everyone gets along so well. From what I can tell, they all look like they've known each other for years. Aside from the fact that all the guys kind of look like they could be brothers, the conversations they have are about everything. Not many people meet somebody and talk about their whole life," I stated. It was true. All the guys had the same shortly cropped black hair, tan skin, and muscular body. All the guys were hot as well but I couldn't keep my eyes from straying to the one guy here that I basically couldn't have who just so happened to be sitting next to me know.