Chapter 6

Hello all you lovely people! I know it's been a little bit since I updated this story but thankfully that has come to an end. I've just been busy with some school work and lining up summer jobs, etc. This chapter is in Paul's POV. I'm hoping that it's about to pick up pretty soon. It's going to be good :)

Vote and Comment!!

**************************************************************************

Paul’s POV

            I had finally found her. My imprint. My whole reason of being. The one that would make my heart whole. But fate had a sick sense of humor. She was only seventeen which wasn’t a major deal since I hadn’t been aging because     of shifting. It didn’t bother me at all actually.

 But that being said, she was still seventeen. Meaning that I couldn’t just start throwing myself at her. I was older than her and us being together would no doubt draw some attention from the nosey people around this area. Plus add to the fact that I was her teacher and we are just having a party. I can’t date her as long as I worked at the school but I just couldn’t up and quit. It would look suspicious and Sam had gotten it for me. I wouldn’t do that to him.

I slammed my fist on my desk. After Kara left, what little joy had had slipped right back out of me. I closed my eyes as I thought about her. She was a new girl around her and I had heard through the gossip of the school about her. Mostly that she had moved because of her dad’s job. My teeth clenched as I thought about some of the guys talking about her being “hot”. They weren’t lying. She was the most beautiful girl I had ever laid eyes on but that doesn’t mean I want to hear other guys talking about her.

I sighed as I thought about her class. I was sure Gabriella wasn’t aware that I had imprinted on her. I don’t know how she couldn’t. I thought I was being too obvious. I shouldn’t have gotten so close to Kara. It wasn’t very professional or how a teacher should act with a student but I couldn’t resist. The drive to be close to her was overcoming me. I wanted to be close to her. I wanted to hold her and feel her. I was lucky I didn’t do more than what I did. It took a lot to restrain myself.

And I could feel her relax as I was close to her which made it that much harder. Then she pulled away and practically ran out of the class even though there was ten minutes left in class. She never came back and I couldn’t go searching for her.

Thankfully, it seemed as though she was becoming friends with Gabriella and that would only help in the long run. When I did decide to pursue her and tell her about the whole shifting thing, she’d have someone to turn to besides me. Faintly I heard the final bell sound through the halls and the numbing hum of conversation reached my sensitive ears.

I quickly began to throw my stuff in my bag before locking my office door behind me. I was supposed to leave the school after my last class with Kara but I just wasn’t able to leave knowing that she was here still. Listen to me. I sound like a stalker. I was going to scare her off if I wasn’t careful.