Chapter 7

Well school is dwindling down which means one thing: more chances to update!! I have about two weeks until my summer begins so that's exciting. I wanted to go ahead and publish this chapter. Not much happens but I wanted to show a little more interaction between Paul and Kara at school. There will be more to come believe me :)

Vote and Comment

*************************************************************************************

Kara’s POV

            That first week of school was good to say the least. My classes were pretty easy which was always a plus. Most of the teachers seemed nice. One teacher in particular had been on my mind but I refused to acknowledge that I had a crush on said teacher. It was wrong, wasn’t it? I mean, he was my gym teacher for goodness sakes. He wasn’t married or anything and it’s not liked I checked or asked Gabriella. But I was a student. He probably didn’t even notice me.

That first gym class had been a mistake. I was looking too far into it. He was just helping me with my shooting, not trying to flirt with me. And since that day, he had backed off if only a little. I still caught him glance my way several times but that was common. Teachers were meant to look at their students during class time to help them or make sure they were okay. Yeah, that sounded logical.

Even with denial coursing through me, I couldn’t stop my brain from straying to thoughts of Mr. Lahote…or Paul. I think it was becoming more noticeable as well. Gabriella, along with Brady, Colin, and Stacy, were all acting different after that first day. They would steal glances at each other when I was around and I’m pretty sure Gabriella was pushing me towards Paul during gym. Did they think I had a crush on him? I mean I did but I didn’t want anyone to know about it. At least not yet.

“So are you going to be able to come to the bonfire we are having tonight?” Gabriella asked me as she ran up next to me. Currently we were running around the track. Mr. Lahote was making us do this every Friday for the rest of school. He said he wanted us to be in shape but I think he just liked to torture us.

I swiped at the stray hair that had fallen from my ponytail. Even though La Push was known for its lack of sunlight, I was still burning up. My lungs were trying to get as much air as possible and my legs protested the motion. I always thought of myself as an average athletic girl but running is something I hated to do. I would gladly crawl the length of the track if it meant I didn’t have to run anymore.

“I don’t know,” I said as we ran. I wanted to go and I was happy that we had become such good friends in just of week of me being here but it was complicated. I noticed that it was harder to keep my distance from P-Mr. Lahote when I was around him. I didn’t want to slip up if he’s at the bonfire. It’d be so embarrassing.