𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

-ˏˋ PRISON CELL ˊˎ

˗ˏˋ꒰ ♡ ꒱

Teio Prison had just become a game event, and it was giving straight-up bad vibes. The whole place looked haunted, and Himiko sighed quietly while walking inside. As if she had a choice anyway, there's no turning back now.

'Put on a collar and go upstairs to the central guardroom.'

She took the black collar on the table after reading the note, and she inspected it carefully. "It's been a long time." She placed the collar behind her neck to put it on, and it automatically locked the moment it sensed that it was fully worn.

A sound was heard from behind, much like the slot machines from the arcades. Not very long after, it made a faint 'ding!' sound, and she walked to the stairs to meet the other players.

This certainly wasn't the first time she's worn a collar like this. For some reason, some other heart games also included wearing the thing, so this wasn't rare to come across. Were the game developers mutually into this type of stuff? Maybe.

Once she reached the guardroom, she looked at the other players. There were currently eighteen people in the spot, including her. Himiko looked at the person beside her, and she couldn't deny the fact that she had good looks.

She had brunette hair that was styled neatly, and her clean blue dress almost seemed unrealistic. How could someone look so clean after staying in this stupid world?

As if the stranger could sense the fact that someone was looking at her, she turned to the staring girl with a sweet smile. It was a little too sweet for Himiko, so she couldn't help but feel wary. "Hi, I'm Urumi!" She introduced herself while reaching her hand out, and the now skeptical girl looked at it.

"Himiko." She was about to shake her hand, but the sudden announcement interrupted her. Maybe that was a good thing, it would surely save her from a little trouble later.

'Difficulty. Jack of Hearts.
Game. Prison Cell.
Rules. Guess the suit that appears
on the back of your collar.
However, you cannot see your own suit.
The time limit per round is one hour.
Five minutes before the time is up, enter one of the prison cells and guess what your own suit is.'

Everybody looked at the prison cells, and the atmosphere was obviously tense. Himiko started observing the other people, and she'd already decided who she'll attempt to team up with.

It was that one lonely guy that was sitting alone. However, she of course had a reason for this, and it was because lonely people are easier to team up with. Surely anyone in this situation would like a partner to help tell their suits.

What could go wrong, anyway?

'If you do not guess your suit correctly, the game is over for you. When time runs out, your collar will explode and you will die.

In addition, your suit will change at every round.'

"But we just need to have someone tell us what it is, right? That'll be easy." A guy in a striped yellow shirt and overalls nervously told the person in front of him.

He seemed gullible and easy enough to partner with. So the girl had naturally made the guy her second choice. She'll make sure to keep her guard up, though. All the players here have survived for so long, they could easily be acting to make themselves look the way they wanted to.

"I wouldn't be so sure. They haven't told us how to clear the game." The guy in the white hoodie replied.

'Prison Cell is a test of how much you can trust others. In addition, the Jack of Hearts has secretly joined the game as one of the participants.'

"See? There it is." He confirmed, and Himiko was thinking hard if she's ever met him somewhere or not.

"One of us is the Jack of Hearts." A player spoke out, and it wasn't gonna be long until everyone started being suspicious of each other.

'Clear condition.
Every hour, this will be repeated.
The game is cleared when the Jack of Hearts, who is hiding among you, is killed.
Prohibited activities:
Using reflective objects to see your suit.
You also may not use violence or weapons to kill each other.'

"In other words, until the Jack fails to answer correctly and dies, this game won't end. Which means, unless we lie to the Jack, we can't clear this game."

Oh, right... He's that guy from the tag game carrying that music taser box.

'There is no time limit.'

"No time limit?" Another player asked with surprise.

'There is plenty of food. When participating in this game, the days remaining on your visa will not be reduced.'

"Damn it, that's half good and half bad..." Himiko silently complained and the brunette looked at her. "I hope the snacks are good!" Urumi said with a smile.

"Me too." Himiko agreed with a fake smile. Who thinks of such things when they're in this type of situation?

Right now, the best thing to do would be to make friends, not enemies.

'The game will now start.'

Looks like she'll have to go back to being in her high school days again, and make friends without knowing who's fake and who's real.

┌─────── ⇦♕⇨ ───────┐

ROUND ONE!
UPLOADED: December 28, 2022
EDITED:

└─────── ⇦♕⇨ ───────┘