𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

-ˏˋ GIRL, YOU KNOW YOU MAKE MY COLD HEART WARM WITH A TOUCH! ˊˎ

˗ˏˋ꒰ ♡ ꒱

Awkward.

It was extremely awkward.

Himiko was looking at the other side of the wall to avoid any eye contact with anyone, still embarrassed by what happened.

Her face was still red, and the silence was basically killing her inside. Beside her stood Enji who couldn't help but feel the tension, and the things he had just seen earlier definitely wouldn't be leaving his mind any time sooner.

Banda was silent too, but he didn't have a single drop of regret in his actions anyway.

Himiko just wanted to erase herself from the universe.

It was pretty dramatic, but still.

˗ˏˋ꒰ ♡ ꒱

"You know, I'm a little disappointed how you're starting to doubt me too. I know how you reached out to that Chishiya guy, Himiko."

Fuck.

Well, this was awkward.

"It's normal to want to make sure." She replied, and her eyes remained shut, not wanting to see how close he was because it'd make her even more nervous.

"Why Chishiya? Why not Enji?" He asked, and she was starting to get frustrated with all the sudden questions. Their position was making the conversation feel even weirder.

"You deaf of something? I told you, I'm suspicious of him." Was he even listening to everything she said earlier?

Banda looked behind, catching a glimpse of their other partner.

"What are you two..." Enji stopped talking, now processing the sight he was currently witnessing.

"Guess I'm willing to forgive for now." He whispered, and Himiko slightly opened her eyes. "Fina-"

Her words were cut off, and she felt his lips on hers. The way they were so close together was embarrassing, but it felt oddly... nice.

She could practically smell the faint scent of cologne in his clothes (which was probably stolen from somewhere nearby), and he smelt unbelievably decent despite being in this cursed world for days.

It was a quick kiss, a kiss that she was never gonna forget. It wasn't necessarily her first, but it'll probably be her last anyway.

Banda was the first one to pull away. As long as Enji saw it, they were done. There was no need to make it longer for him.

Himiko covered her face with her hands, and Enji was definitely not the only one who was too stunned to speak properly.

˗ˏˋ꒰ ♡ ꒱

"I was going to say this earlier, but... The Jack of Hearts is that guy." Enji broke the silence, and he pointed at Chishiya's picture on the screen.

Yeah, right.

"I also suspected him," Banda replied, and Himiko hoped that he was just acting.

"But don't worry. He'll die this round." Enji said, and Banda smiled at him. There was a high chance Chishiya was gonna die this round, but that wasn't her problem anymore.

He broke her trust, so there was no way she'll even consider helping him back again.

While looking around, Himiko accidentally made eye contact with Kotoko, the woman that was always by Yaba's side. She was staring straight in her trio's direction.

She wasn't sure if it was just her, but she swore there was something off about her.

Man, the list of people she found suspicious just kept growing.

Right, this wasn't a good time to think about anything that seemed lovey-dovey. She wanted to finish this game and leave as soon as possible.

While listing off a few things about everyone and everything that was suspicious even in the slightest, an idea came to mind.

Biscuits.

No, she wasn't hungry. It was an idea.

No one's gonna be eating any more of those damn biscuits she kept seeing anymore, because she'll make sure to get rid of all of them.

┌─────── ⇦♕⇨ ───────┐

UPLOADED: January 20, 2023
EDITED:

└─────── ⇦♕⇨ ───────┘