𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

-ˏˋ KISS ME WITH YOUR EYES CLOSED! ˊˎ

˗ˏˋ꒰ ♡ ꒱

Everyone got out of their cells, and Himiko noticed that someone was missing. Out of everyone, only one didn't leave their cell, which only meant one thing.

Ippei was dead, and Chishiya was left with no one to tell his suit.

It was a bit sad considering how kindhearted Ippei seemed, this just proves how sick the world of games is.

She wasn't sure if it was just her, but she could see the genuine sadness on his face. Who knew that a person like him could actually show basic human emotions?

She was curious whether the guy was lied to or just went insane to the point he didn't want to continue playing the game anymore. Whatever it was, it didn't really matter that much to her.

What a shame. If Chishiya didn't betray her, she would've kept her word and helped him back.

˗ˏˋ꒰ ♡ ꒱

"I'm gonna grab a quick snack." Himiko told Banda, but it was just an excuse to follow after Enji who went into the cafeteria alone earlier.

"That's a lie." She heard Enji say, which meant that he was talking to someone.

"It's the truth. I think he's the Jack of Hearts. There are six of us left. I'm sure the Jack will go on the offensive now. Let's tell each other's suits." The second voice was Chishiya.

Himiko was left confused, still trying to figure out who they were talking about. If the person was a 'he' then it was either Banda or Yaba, the guy that looked like a businessman.

"You're in a good position now. The Jack trusts you. You're one of the only ones who can lie to the Jack. In other words, the one who can end this game is you."

Enji stayed silent, and Chishiya spoke again.

"It seems you still can't trust me. In any case..." Himiko got tired of eavesdropping, so she went back to Banda empty-handed.

"Urumi took all of the strawberry-flavored pocky." Himiko said in an annoyed tone.

"Really?" Banda asked while looking straight into her eyes.

"Mhm." She replied.

He must've started being suspicious of her.

"Let's talk somewhere private." She put her right in her pocket, and his look turned into a questioning one.

She'll have to do something about her suspicions one way or another.

˗ˏˋ꒰ ♡ ꒱

"What're we talking about that we should be in this secluded place?"

"Banda," Himiko said his name, indicating that it was a serious one.

"I might have an idea of who the Jack of Hearts is." She got straight to the topic.

Himiko sat at a dirty old table that was placed near the corner, and Banda stood in front of her while leaning on the other side of the wall.

"Who do you think it is?" He asked.

"It's Enji, I'm sure of it." She spoke out with confidence.

"What makes you say that?"

"Enji has been acting really suspicious the past few rounds, and I already have enough things to support my suspicion. Plus, it could be possible that he isn't working alone, so we'll have to watch out for anyone else that seems suspicious too." She explained.

"Unless... it's you?" She asked, faking a gasp. Her tone was an obvious indication that she was being sarcastic, but Banda asked about her 'suspicion' anyway.

"Why?" He asked with a slight smirk.

"Jeez, I'm just kidding, of course. It can't be you." She lightly laughed, and he motioned for her to continue talking.

"Er, well... reason being that you had the chance to kill me off, but I'm still here, aren't I? Because you acknowledged the fact that we were secretly working together. Plus-" A familiar voice interrupted her, and she gasped in realization.

"Are you guys here?" It was Enji, who was going to see them both soon.

"Oh, shit." Banda calmly cursed.

"This is bad." She gulped.

Their secret alliance was going to be exposed. Unless...

"Please, forgive me for this!" She whisper-shouted, grabbing his collar with both hands and pulling him close, and the two were just as shocked by the sudden action.

It was better to get exposed this way.

"Guys?" Enji's voice was getting louder and louder.

"Are you sure you know what you're even doing?" He took her hands, replacing them to wrap around his neck while she just looked at him confused. He leaned in closer, and she closed her eyes shut in nervousness.

"No, I've never done this shit before..." She mentally replied, and the calls of their partner were getting louder and nearer each second.

"You know, I'm a little disappointed how you're starting to doubt me too. I know how you reached out to that Chishiya guy, Himiko."

Fuck.

┌─────── ⇦♕⇨ ───────┐

ROUND THIRTEEN!
UPLOADED: January 4, 2023
EDITED:

└─────── ⇦♕⇨ ───────┘