𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

-ˏˋ MIND GAMES ˊˎ

˗ˏˋ꒰ ♡ ꒱

During round six, no one had died to Himiko's surprise.

It was currently round seven, and everyone was still quiet, some just minding their own business.

Enji was now back with the two of them, and he took it upon himself to stand in the middle of the two who quite literally looked like they were social distancing.

"Did I miss anything?" He asked before biting on his biscuit.

"Nothing much, we were just observing the remaining players. Considering anyone out of these twelve players could be the Jack, it's important to be careful now." Himiko responded, and Banda wondered just how many lies have come out of her mouth this whole game.

A nod was all Enji did to respond, and the three went silent again. He sure wasn't much of a talker.

Damn, why was it so awkward?

The girl was now rethinking her life choices, mentally scolding herself for the stupid topic she'd brought up earlier. Sure, a part of it was to form a secret alliance with Banda, but she said it too weirdly. What could he be thinking now?

The worst part was his short reply, what was "Sure" supposed to mean? Did they have an alliance now? Was that the case?

Deciding to distract herself from the matter, Himiko asked the two to start telling each other's suits so they could get ready in advance.

The two agreed, and they carried on.

˗ˏˋ꒰ ♡ ꒱

The past three rounds felt like nothing but a blur, but the trio stayed strong as usual. For Urumi's group, however, it was another story. Back in round nine, Himiko was at the cafeteria to grab a quick snack, but she witnessed one of the members attempting to lie to Urumi.

The look on the girl's face once she realized was far from her usual cheerful look, and Himiko realized that she had made the right decision to avoid being a part of their group.

Back to the present, it was currently round ten. Himiko mentally cursed at herself while looking at the smiling person in front of her.

"It's been a while!" Urumi waved her hand hello, and Himiko waved back awkwardly.

"Hey, how has it been?" Himiko asked, and the emptiness of the hall was making it worse. She should've stuck with Banda and Enji.

It wasn't that she didn't want to be with Urumi, it was her vibes that were throwing her off. Sure, she's gotten one person killed in this game and may have gotten involved in some lying, but Urumi was a whole other story.

Despite lying to her peers multiple times, she's still out here standing alive.

"It's been okay." Urumi replied, and Himiko could tell that it was a lie given what just happened to her last round.

"You know, I'm pretty sad you didn't join our group. If you did, you wouldn't have to worry about those two secretly planning to kill you off. If you were with me, we would've been-"

"What? What do you mean?" Himiko cut her off. She knew that everything coming out of her mouth was a lie just to mess up her head, so why was she acting nervous all of a sudden?

"Well... I overheard the two talking earlier. Do you want me to tell you what they were talking about?" The girl leaned close to her ear, and she whispered a shit ton of information that was too much to handle.

If Urumi was going to go down, she'll drag anyone she wants down with her.

˗ˏˋ꒰ ♡ ꒱

"Your suit's a heart." Banda informed, and Himiko turned back around.

'It was just a lie, we had an alliance.' Himiko repeated in her head. But wait, since when did he even confirm that they actually did have an alliance? And where the hell was Enji?

"Are you gonna tell me my suit?" Banda asked impatiently, and she looked at the timer on the screen. There were ten minutes left.

"My bad." She replied, and he turned around.

"It's... a club." It wasn't a lie.

"What's with you?" He turned back around and asked, noticing that something was off.

"...Nothing, I'm just hungry. I think I'll go to the cafeteria and grab something quickly." She quickly left, and Banda didn't stop her.

How could she call herself smart? She's nothing but an entirely average person in this world.

Urumi's words were definitely getting to her head, and she was starting to doubt just how much she trusted her partners.

It wouldn't hurt to commence plan B on a certain someone, right?

˗ˏˋ꒰ ♡ ꒱

"Oh? This is surprising."

"Don't you think you owe me one? You practically pushed me to the tagger just to save yourself, Chishiya! I still haven't forgotten that." Yes, he was the plan B.

"You two know each other?" Ippei asked nervously, still not forgetting what he saw her do.

The two had met once during a game of spades.

"Come on, if you happen to get stuck on the next rounds, I promise I'll help. Just do me a favor and tell me my suit." Himiko was quite literally begging at this point, but who wouldn't in this type of situation?

The cafeteria was empty, and only the three of them were still there. Probably because the time's going to be up soon.

"Okay." He agreed.

"What? But she..." Ippei stopped talking, a little intimidated by the stare she was giving him.

"Damn, you're a lifesaver! If you lie to me, I'll come back and haunt you forever." She threatened.

Unbeknownst to the three, someone was listening in on their conversation.

┌─────── ⇦♕⇨ ───────┐

ROUND SEVEN / EIGHT / NINE / TEN!
UPLOADED: December 30, 2022
EDITED:

└─────── ⇦♕⇨ ───────┘