Chapter 2 : S-system

"Good morning, students. Please return to your seats."

The students who were still standing immediately returned to their respective seats. The blonde teacher stepped towards the podium at the front of the class and placed her luggage there. Her face was very friendly, even friendlier than the girl with the flower hairpin.

"My name is Shionome Haruka. From now on I will be the homeroom teacher for class C. I teach English. At this school, there is no changing of classrooms, so I will still be your homeroom teacher for the next three years,  I hope we can get along well. I will now distribute the written materials containing the school rules, please pass them to the students behind you."

Everyone did what they were instructed to do. As Shionome-sensei said, those materials contained rules and guidelines regarding the school and all the facilities within. Students are required to live in the dormitory for the next three years and no contact with the outside world is allowed. Students are not allowed to leave school except for participating in competitions, student exchange programs, and the like. Contact with family is also not allowed but our study report will still be sent to them.

The rules sound very strict. However, all these regulations are balanced with all the facilities offered by the school. The school complex is equipped with malls, convenience stores, karaoke places, boutiques, hospitals, electronics stores, gyms, and many more. I think this school deserves to be called a small town.

Shionome-sensei also handed out some kind of ID card to us. Next, she explained to us, what is called the S-system. "Here are your student ID cards. In this school, all transactions are not made with money but with points. To use points, you only need to swipe your card into the scanner. The principle is the same as a credit card and by the way, each point will be automatically transferred to your account every month. Anything in the school environment can be purchased with points."

So this school has its own currency. Interesting. The S-system not only makes it easier for students but also allows the school to monitor our expenses. Unfortunately, it's still too early to be impressed because Sensei's next statement was quite shocking.

"One point is worth one yen. This month you will receive...100,000 points."

The class suddenly became noisy. Sensei's words were quite hard to believe. One hundred thousand? For one student? If this is true, it means that the total points received by a class of 40 people are 4 million points. When added up for one batch, it means that this month the school has issued around 16 million points just for the first year. I know this school is called the most elite school, but that number is too fantastic.

"Calm down...calm down...I know you guys must be surprised by the number of points you've received, but that's how it is. This school assesses its students based on talent and ability. The number of points you receive reflects the evaluation of your worth. You are free to use it however you want and transfer it to whoever you want but keep in mind that acts such as fraud and blackmail, and bullying are absolutely not allowed and will be dealt with strictly. Oh, I almost forgot, the points you have cannot be exchanged for money, so when you graduate, all the points you have will be returned to the school. Any question?" Shionome-sensei looked around the classroom. "Okay, if there are no questions, then before I end the homeroom session I want to add one thing. You can see the number of points you have on the cellphone that has been given to you, besides, don't forget to check the OAA application that is installed there. OAA contains an evaluation of every student in this school. You can use it as a basis for developing yourself, you can also get to know your classmates. That's all that can be said, if there is nothing to say then I will end it here, bye, enjoy your high school life."