Chapter 6 : Danger and Curiousity

I followed my sister's invitation to watch a movie with them on Sunday. The movie was very good, I was very impressed, but the shopping session afterward was quite tiring. Luckily at that time Shiraishi also invited three male students from class B to accompany them. I got to know them and you could say we became friends quite fast. At least I won't be carrying all those bags by myself.

Several days have passed. Now we have entered the second week of our school life. Yesterday I kept my promise to Minami and the two of us had joined a gym. From now on every Saturday and Sunday morning, I will spend time exercising.

That day I went to school as usual. Not much happened that day other than a bit of a fight over a student accidentally spilling another student's lunch. After returning home I realized that I was starting to run out of sugar and tea. I now mostly cook in my room so I had to keep stock of various groceries.

That night I decided to go shopping. As I was walking towards the elevator, one of the bedroom doors suddenly opened. From it came out a girl, which of course made me a little surprised. This entire floor was reserved for boys, and that girl seemed to be a senior. Students from different years are living in separate dorms, so she must be visiting someone. Her face is not a stranger to me. Yeah, I remember it from last week's club fair. She's the leader of the archery club. One thing that surprised me, even more, was the boy that came out with her. That boy was Arai Kenji, my classmate.

I didn't know we lived on the same floor. Why have I never seen him before? And why did that senpai come out of his room? My question was immediately answered when I saw the girl kissing Arai's lips. The two then said goodbye and the girl walked towards the elevator. When Arai was about to close the door he saw me.

"Heeey, Yukiharu," he smiled. "What are you doing here?"

"I live here," my hand pointed to my room, several doors from here. "My room is over there."

"Is that so? I never knew."

"By the way, who was that earlier? Your girlfriend?"

"Oh, her? No, she's not my girlfriend. She's just a 'friend', we started knowing each other since a week ago."

Friend, huh? That's also when I accidentally saw something on Arai's neck. At first, it wasn't very clear because it was blocked by the collar of his shirt but I was pretty sure that it was a hickey's mark. I see, they're that kind of 'friends'.

"Anyway, where are you going at this time of night?"

"I'm on my way to the convenience store, buying some sugar and maybe some snacks."

"It's getting dark so be careful on the street, and now that we know that our rooms are quite close, you should come and hang out with me sometime."

"Sure, if I have time. See you later."

Arai returned to his room while I walked towards the elevator. I already know he had the ladies' man vibe from him but never thought he was that good. In just a week he was able to seduce a senpai. To be honest, I'm quite impressed.

***

After finishing my business. I intend to return to the dorm soon. Unfortunately, I never thought that my night out would be a bit longer because of a small incident.

On the way home I saw a girl sitting on a park bench. She was talking with two boys standing in front of her. They look suspicious but that's none of my business. I'll just walk past them quietly without caring about whatever they're talking about. However, before I could get within fifteen meters of them, the two men had already walked away, leaving the girl alone on a park bench. The girl herself turned to me and smiled.