Chapter 27: Dating Advice

That day, after returning to the dormitory, I realized that I had forgotten my promise to my friends. I said I would catch up with them when I was done with Komugi, but I forgot and instead went straight home with Kasai. They called me because I never showed up until late at night, in the end, I had to make up stupid excuses and somehow they believed it.

Next day after that, my three friends and I are having lunch at the cafeteria. Iwa put on a serious face as if he had something he wanted to discuss. However, we all knew that maybe he would just say nonsense.

"You know? I just realized something," Iwa said after munching on his fried chicken.

"It's already June, it's our third month as high school students?"

"And?" Shinji asked. "What about it?"

"We've been studying here for almost three months, but do you realize that neither of us has a girlfriend?"

I knew it. I sighed, Shinji shook his head while Gilang chuckled. It's not the first time we've heard him complaining about being single, so to be honest it's a bit sickening. At one time, he even joked about dating Shionome-sensei.

"If you want a girlfriend that bad," Shinji groaned, "Why don't you ask someone out? Seriously I'm tired of hearing you talk about girls without the slightest bit of courage to approach them."

"You're the one to talk, Shinji, I've never seen you talking to Kurose's sister."

"I meet her occasionally. After all, it's not like I don't have the courage, but I just don't want to be rejected because I'm too desperate."

"That's just the same as not having courage."

Iwa and Shinji begin to bicker. On the one hand, even though he sounded like he was looking for excuses, Shinji's words just now showed that he was aware that Nee-chan didn't have romantic feelings for him. It would be hard to expect anything more considering Nee-chan seems to support her friend who has a crush on Shinji. Hehehe...every time I think about it I always find it kind of funny. I can't wait to see what will happen to this love triangle.

"Okay, if that's what you want..." Iwa exclaimed. "Just so you know today I was planning to ask someone out."

OK, now I'm getting interested. "Is there a girl you're after?"

"Yeah, I've been considering someone who might suit me."

Gilang laughed. "Who? Satonaka-san? Miwa-san? Don't tell me you're going for Shionome-sensei?"

Iwa snorted. "Hmph, mock me all you want. This girl might not be as famous as Satonaka or Miwa, but in terms of looks, I think she's quite cute. Her personality also seems pretty good, in fact, I chose her because I thought she might be the girl who might give me a chance..."

The three of us exchanged glances. It seems Iwa already get acquainted with a girl without us knowing. Then, Shinji continued asking. "So you know this girl well enough?"

"Uh, actually not really. But I'm sure she'll be willing to get to know me..."

Gilang smiled, either because he was mocking or maybe he was happy to see his friend's optimism. Shinji was as usual a bit skeptical. "I'm happy because you're so confident but...are you sure? Aren't you doing it too fast? I think you're pushing your luck a bit too much."

"Oh, shut up. I told you I choose the girl who is most likely to accept me."

"Oh yeah? You're so sure even though you also say that you don't know her very much. Actually, who exactly is this girl?"

"Oh, she's one of our classmates. The fact is she's sitting not far from you, Shinji."

"Really? Who?"