Chapter 48

"So, this is your bedroom?" Austin said obviously feeling the same way she was. "This is where you sleep."

"Nope, I'm actually a vampire. This is all for show in case the hunters suspect me." She sounded silly but wanted to break the sexual tension. She should never have let Austin into her apartment. Because now there was no way she was going to let him leave without finishing what their kiss started last weekend. The cat was alive, the job was almost hers, and the temptation was too vast.

"A vampire?" Austin said with a slight grin. "That explains why I only see you outside of the store at night. Smart choice picking a retail store as your job because there are no freaking windows."

"I am a very smart vampire," Jennifer said stretching and leaning back on the bed a little bit. She was waiting for him to kiss her. Even though she had been the one telling him that he couldn't come over, she somehow expected him to read her mind and know it was time to kiss her.

"So, are you going to take me home?" He said eyeing her, but not getting any closer.

"No," Jennifer said and this time she kissed him. She grabbed him by the collar and pulled him down on top of her. He eagerly found her mouth and began to gently slip his tongue inside. His hands found her jacket and tried to remove it with no success. She wrapped her legs around him and rolled him over. On top, she peeled the jacket off.

"I love it when a girl takes charge," Austin said as he grinned up at her and put his hands on either side of her face pulling her back down to him. Straddling him, she took her time kissing him. She kissed him softly. She kissed him gently. Then she kissed him roughly. She let the kisses go from his mouth down to his neck. She unbuttoned his shirt and kissed his chest. It was all muscle and all smooth. His hands went to her shirt and lifted it over her head. She was so glad she had bothered to put on her pretty bra and matching panties. Had she known back then what was going to happen? Had her past self hoped that this would be the outcome? She didn't know but she knew that she was ready now. She ground her body against him and was happy when it was his turn to flip her over, pin her down, and kiss her until she was so dizzy. She couldn't have gotten away if she wanted to.

He traced the outline of her lacey bra with his soft lips. His tongue teased her before moving down her stomach to her jeans. He undid the button and had them off faster than she could lift up to help him. He stopped, watching her.

"What?" she asked out of breath. "Is something wrong?"

"No, everything's right," he said still just staring at her. If her ex had ever taken the time to look at her like that, she would have been uncomfortable or embarrassed, covering herself. But underneath Austin's sure gaze, she felt completely at ease. As if he had been seeing her naked all along. "You are just so beautiful underneath those awful work clothes."

"They aren't that awful," she said too horny to be annoyed. "Plus, it stops guys like you from hitting on me all day."

"Guys like me, huh?" he said, lowering his mouth to the top of her panties. "Good thing I was smart enough to know what was on the inside."

"Yes, good thing," was all she could think to say before he removed her panties.

They didn't even bother to climb under the covers before they started making love, but she did make sure he put on a condom. He filled her up and pushed any doubts from her mind. She held on to him and knew that she never wanted to let go.

"Austin!" she cried out just before she lost any sense of who they were or why they shouldn't be together. He was right behind her, falling on top of her, his mouth next to her ear.

"That was great." She could feel the grin in his voice. His heart hammered against hers.

"You told me if I did karaoke, I could do anything."

His chuckle shook both of them.

"Thank god for karaoke," he said kissing her and sealing their bodies back together.