Chapter 10

Amara pov...

How can someone be so understanding? I'm really grateful that Dominico isn't pressuring me to tell him about my outburst even though he does seem really worried. Things have been really good between him and I. The only think bothering me is the fact that I haven't had any flashbacks since that day. Usually they come frequently after a reset meaning after I'm triggered.

This time they seem to have disappeared. I'm not complaining I could really do off the nightmares and anxiety of those people coming back. Especially when I'm suddenly really sick. I've been really sick and fatigued these past few weeks. I thought I had stomach bug or something but when it didn't go away even after drinking meds and resting I started worrying and I could only think of one thing.

I must be pregnant...

It's the only reasonable explanation for my sudden sickness that only happens in the morning and my sudden liking in weird food combinations. The disgusting smell of coffee only lead up to one thing.. pregnancy.

I've already cried and worried about this but it does not good. I'm not gaining any weight and my stomach hasn't grown, not even an inch. I might be wrong and I might just be sick but there's a possibility.

My one fear is how Dominico will react if I am. We aren't even dating and I could be expecting his child. What the heck have I gotten myself into? I'm only a clueless young adult I know nothing about parenthood. Let alone I could be expecting the child of a guy I've only known for two and a half months.

My mind starts fogging up and my breathing gets heavier. That's when I feel a hand massage my shoulders and whisper sweet nothings into my ear. There sits Dominico in front of me with the same worried expression on his face. Looking into his soft silver eyes, my mind relaxes and my breathing returns back to normal.

"Hey, you okay sweetheart?" He asks stroking my cheek. I lean into the warmth he provides and sigh in content and nod my head. "Okay, go back to sleep." He says resting my head on the pillow. "Wait I have to tell you something." I needed to tell him now. I was going to buy a test tomorrow but he needed to know about everything now.

"I'm all ears." He says holding my hands and suturing comfortably in bed next to me. We now shared a room, just the thought of that made my stomach tickle in butterflies.

"My mother was killed. She was murdered by a gang. All because of my father."

My mom tucks me in and strokes my hair and singing her favourite song to me. Before she could finish her phone rang and my dad's panicked voice rang through it. "Isabella, take Amara and run away. Leave the house right now and don't turn back." He says in a hurry. My heart started beating fast and my mom's breath hitched. "Are they far?" She asks in a calm yet scared voice. What was going on? "They're about to arrive in the street take Amara and leave Isabella!! This is no joke you have to get out of-" before my dad could finish I heard a loud knock on the front door. Panic rushed over me and I looked at my mom. She looked into my eyes and a tear fell from her eyes and went slowly down her cheeks." Amara, I'm going to need you to listen to me baby okay?" I nod my head tears streaming down my face." Go hide in the closet, mommy will distract the bad guys and you'll run out the front door and go tell the neighbors to call the cops okay?" She said in a hurried whisper. I just nod bieng at a loss for words. I get off my  bed and run towards my closet, after closing the door the front door opens with a bang. I hear my mom scream as voices cloud my ears. All I hear is fists and hands connecting with someone. Tears starts escaping and sobs too. Remembering my mom's words I run out the closet and safely get downstairs. I hide next to the couch in hopes he doesn't find me. I close my eyes and I could hear my mom screaming and begging him to stop. Tears trinkled down my warm cheeks and I stood up heading towards the stairs. Before I could reach the stairs a large hand hits the wall besides my ear missing me by luck and my heart's stops.."where do you think your going?"  I slowly turn around and and I'm faced with a huge looking man. "Yes, Mr Colombo was right with you. You'll do just well." What did he mean? Did my dad set this all up? "Yeah the big boss will like you." He reached for me but then I managed to skip out his grip and slide under him asking a run for the door. I got out successfully and was able to run to the neighbors with the man screaming and yelling for me to come back. Mrs Wilson our neighbour called the cops and they arrived just in time to catch the men who attacked us. By then I was already crying and sobbing not able to breath. "My mom. Mrs Wilson my mother is in there!" I say trying to break free of her grip. Why didn't she want me to leave? A cop approached us and took off his hat with a sorry look in his eyes...

"Then that's when I knew, my mom was gone..." A sob escaped my mouth and I buried my head into my hands and lifted up my knees to my face. Putting it on them. Dominico then enveloped me in a huge hug and layed against the headboard putting me on him. He let me cry as he stroked my hair just like my mom would. I really missed her. She was my best friend. She was my go to person. Life wasn't the same after she was gone. And from that day forward I resented my father for what he did. He was the reason my mother died...

"I'm really sorry Amara, I had no idea things were that bad. Sorry you had to go through all that alone but I'm here now and I'm be here through your healing time and into your recovery. I'm never leaving not hurting you."

"Thanks dino."

After a while Dominico spoke. "What ever happened to your dad?"

"He's probably still with his maniac gang." I reply snuffling and cuddling closer to him.

He let out a hmm sound and asked another one. "Do you  perhaps know the name of this gang?"

I tried hard to remember what the news channel said after they announced the people who killed my mom were captured except for one that escaped.

"Uh I think something like Ortendon Gang." Really stupid name. I wouldn't be surprised if my father came up with that one. He wasn't exactly the brightest.

Dominico's body tensed under mine after I said the name. "You okay?" I ask looking up at him. His breath hitched and breathing shortened. Wierd?

Dominico pov...

"Uh I think something like Ortendon Gang." She says in a disgusted tone. Wait.. Ortendon..

My body froze on spot and my blood ran cold.

Fuck...

_____________________

Hey guys

Hope you enjoyed that rollercoaster of a chapter. Now things are falling into place. I'm sorry if your not impressed by this one excuse me it's 00:35 in the morning. I call it commitment. Anyways...I really enjoyed writing this chapter.

1300 words.

Please don't forget to vote.

<333