Chapter 18

• Dominico Esposito

Fuck my life. Besides being apart of the Mafia I own businesses outside just as a ploy so people don't wonder where I get my riches from. One problem is because I've been focused on the Mafia, my businesses have suffered and it's time to pay the price.

By that I mean going on a date with De Santo's daughter Charlotta. It's for a business deal and it was either go on the stupid date or give the old rench half of my company. So the date it is.

Ofcource I felt bad about doing this behind Amara's back and to make it worse the girl brought me to Amara and I's favourite restaurant. I'm just praying Amara doesn't come here today. What makes things worse is I'm missing the babies doctor's appointment today for this shit. It better be worth it.

~•~

There she goes smiling again at everything I say. I swear I'm not an ass of a person but this girl is really throwing herself at me. Although I put on my gentleman facade so that she doesn't see through my lying eyes, I really wish Amara was here.

Amara is just so different from these girls. She has real long curly hair while this girl has dirty blond hair which had visible extensions in it.

A while after we ordered our food the girl stood up and fixed her short dress then sluggishly sat on my lap and swung her slender arms around my neck she was so close to my face I could hear her eyelashes make a sound when she blinked. That's when I almost gagged Infront of her cacked up face. Why couldn't every girl be like my Amara. I miss her vanilla and honey scent. Her thick thighs that make every man go weak at the knees, the thighs I want wrapped around my head. Her eyes that would double in size when she's excited and get slender and seductive when she wants it. Her soft brown skin that shone in the sunlight. Fuck I miss her.

After I realised I was smiling to myself I let out a chuckle at how down bad I am for Amara. I was just about to pull Charlotta off my lap when I saw Amara walk past us with Gio right behind her. What the heck was she doing here? "Wait Amara." I called out. Fuck this must look so bad.

I pull her towards me until she made contact with my chest and backed away...

She then looked up at me. Her whole mood was down. Knowing I'm the cause of that it made my heart ache. She looked defeated. Her mouth quivered silent "why" as she looked at me.  I didn't know where to start. The shine in her eyes was gone.

I could see the disappointment in her eyes. It must hurt seeing this. All emotions were evident in her orbs. Tears threaten to escape but she contains them. That's a sore sight to see. Disappointment and anger filled her doe eyes and I immediately regretted ever agreeing to go on this stupid date.

Before I could explain what's going on a soft broken voice interrupts me, gradually getting louder "What doesn't it look like huh? Tell me it doesn't look like your on a cute lunch date with some girl who's obviously more good looking. More skinny. More taller. More everything. Everything I'm not Dominico. Are you even thinking straight? You have babies on the way but you have time toh orange around with woman but not come to your own unborn children's doctors appointment?  You make me sick. You don't have the decency to even be discrete about your affair but no you do it in the same freaking restaurant we always go to." That's when I knew I messed up. There was no fixing this.

I don't know what came over me but the image of Amara got clouded and all I could see was my ex publicly embarrassing me. My heart burned and I didn't want it to happen again. All the walls I built up over these years Amara broke down the second she said "hi" to me when she arrived at my house.

But this wasn't me speaking to Amara this was me speaking to Valentina my ex- girlfriend. "Okay you need to calm down. First of all we aren't even together so who I'm with doesn't concern you. So what if I'm on a date then what? I'll hang out with whomever I please."

I regretted these words as soon as they exited my mouth. Covering my mouth in shock I look into Amara tearful eyes and her cheeks start getting streaks of tears running down her face. I made her cry. My own heart broke into pieces as I looked at what I had done.

Gio kept tugging at her so she could leave but she stood firm and looked straight at me. In both disbelief and anger. She then wiped her tears quickly and looked between Charlotta and I then what she said next left me scarred for life. Her hurt was engraved in my heart and mind as she said this.  "We aren't even together? I'm glad to know now where I stand with you."

My mouth wanted to speak and tell her that I'd never look at another woman like that even if I wanted to I couldn't. She was the only one I wanted, the only woman I had eyes for. I wish I could reverse time so that none of this unfolded and I could prevent the hurt and resentment Amara is feeling towards me.

I wanted to hold her trembling hands and kiss her quivering lips and tell her this is not what she thinks. That I'm not that type of guy anymore but I knew I needed to give her space. Not to think she's not special to me but so she doesn't hate me more than she already does as she walked through that restaurant door leaving me in a pool of regret.

I knew I had lost her...I had lost my princess... my Amara.

______________________

Hey guys

This was a short chapter, mainly because I just wanted to show Dominico's pov before continuing.

Words: 1057

Don't forget to vote.

<333