Chapter 19

• Amara Colombo

I was heartbroken, sad, mad. All emotions filled me. I stayed with Livia in the apartment for the past three days and Dominico hasn't texted or called since. I don't even think I want to see him or hear his voice again. Although it would be nice to see him, even though I was furious at him I still missed him.

For the past three days I've been in the apartment feasting on ice-cream and fruits and binge watching my favourite movies. I felt like a heartbroken teenager. Since I'm pregnant it was more depressing because of the hormones.

I told Livia everything and like the wonderful best friend she is, she supports me. While she's out at work I'm here working on the business I started before going to house sit the Esposito residence. It's a skin care line. I'd already had the paperwork and registered offices and a warehouse. All that was needed was for me to be present and I am. So the only logical thing to do in this situation is to distract myself with my work so I don't think about Dominico.

The injuries I got at the hospital are healed so I don't need any medical attention from any of the Mafia doctors. Meaning I don't need to interact with the Mafia at all. That's a weight off my shoulders.

                                  ~•~

Gio called to check up on me and told me some interesting news. Though I don't know how to take it. So many of my insecurities were spiked up by what happened and I don't know if I can forgive Dominico or myself in this case.

                                      ~•~

After getting ready to head out I check myself in the mirror and remember what I saw at the restaurant. The girl Dominico was with is much skinnier than me. She had long straight blond hair and blue piercing eyes. Her legs are long and slender along with her arms whereas I have thick thighs. I didn't know all these insecurities were here. There were insecurities but not as much as I have now.

My heart sank to my stomach and I lumped on the couch bringing my knees to my stomach, I couldn't because I had a small bump now. Now I was frustrated and sad all over again.

After a few minutes of me staring at the ceiling I hear rusling at my door. It sounded like someone was trying to get in and I knew it wasn't Livia because she only clocks out at night. Grabbing the vase that had flowers in it I held it firmly in my hand ready to sling it at the intruder.

The door opened and I shut my eyes and chucked the vase towards the door. My eyes still shut I realised I didn't hear the vase shatter. I open my eyes to see the violet vase held firm in the grasp of the one I avoided most.

Dominico..

He stood there in his black dress shirt with a few of the top buttons undone and he wore fitted tux pants that hugged him just right. His shirt opened enough to see a bit of his chest tattoo. Although when I looked closer it looked like he'd gotten another one. I didn't think anything of it...

His eyes were darker than usual. His hair wasn't at its full fluff capacity as usual. He looked freaking hot. The sun hit his face defining his jawline making his features peak. How can this man be so freaking sexy and want me?

His lips were plump and looked kissable as ever. I longed to be kissed by him. I longed him. I needed him. I was craving him...

                                        ~•~

• Dominico Esposito

She was feisty. Throwing a whole damn vase to my face. With her eyes closed she had pretty damn good aim. I couldn't help but freeze looking at her.