Chapter 27

Two months later ______________________________
Amara Colombo

Negative

Tears formed in my eyes as my heart dropped as I looked at the results in front of me. Once again the test was negative. I held the stick in my hands as my hands trembled slightly.

Why is this happening to me

A voice in my head said as I put the test back down on the counter. I felt defeated, worthless and empty. I sat on the bathroom floor for a few moments until I heard the sound of the bathroom door opening. I didn't even have the energy to look up but I knew it was Dom.

"It's okay Amor" he said as he sat down next to me on the floor. He didn't even need to look at the test to confirm, my silence said it all. He didn't look at the test to know that it was negative.

I'm such a failure

The voice added.

"Maybe I should take another one" I whisper between my silent sobs. I feel Dom's head lift up and he looks at the multiple test on the counter. Many different shapes, sizes and colours but they all had the same result..

Negative

I buried my head into his chest and let out all the anger, disappointment and sadness out.

It had been two months of trying and trying but no luck. Luna left two weeks ago. The house is slightly empty without her.

I thought I'd be easy to try again and have it but we have tried countless times, strategically at that but the tests always come back the same.

Negative

I'm not sure what to do anymore.

"Amor" his voice calls me out of my thoughts. I just sniff and look up at him. "What do you think about maybe going to a doctor to go see what's wrong" my heart stopped.

What if I am infertile? Thins can't be happening to me. I had fallen pregnant before why can't I do it now. What's wrong with me!?

A gentle kiss to my forehead brings me out of my inner panic attack and another tear escapes my eye.

I just nod and return to my position on his chest.

                                        ~•~

• Dominico Esposito

She was overthinking again. She's been doing that a lot these past few weeks. Her mental health has dropped drastically since we got the first set of negative tests.

She doesn't give herself time to heal before taking another one. Sometimes I wonder if she'll end up losing herself in the process. It seems draining but she just keeps going.

I try my utmost best to be there for her and to tell her it's okay because it really is. Some woman struggle to fall pregnant and she's not the first. I've tried telling her it's not her fault but it's all getting to her head. She's feeling doubtful of herself and it's hurting her.

Deep down I know Amara will carry our children no questions asked. We just need to be patient. Sometimes good things are worth waiting for...

I lightly give her a forehead kiss to stop her running mind. It's the only thing that helps her calm down these days.

It pains me to see her like this. To feel worthless and unable to help her in a way even though she says I've done more than enough.

                                      ~•~
At the hospital

"Stop stressing amor I'm sure everything is fine" I say looking down at her while soothingly rubbing her back. She was slightly shaking.

She was fiddling with her fingers. She does that when she is nervous or overthinking. Maybe coming to the hospital was a bad idea because I'm nervous at what will be said too. I just need to keep up a cold front for Amara.

A few moments later the doctor walks in with a clipboard and a box of pills in her hands.

"Amara Colombo?" Oh how I wish that was Esposito.

Amara nods and wipes a tear from her cheek.

"I don't see any problem with your tests and you're in perfect shape. The only problem is your high blood pressure.. that's pretty high"

Of course. She's been stressing for the past two months about the tests coming back negative all the time.

"These pills are to help lower your blood pressure but I have a prescribed meal plan for you for the next week that will help speed up the process" she says putting the box of pills on the desk in front of the bed.

"Is there a reason why you've been stressing?" We both look at Amara as she wipes the rest of her tears.

"We've been getting negative tests for the past two months. I guess I've been stressing a lot about that." Her voice still sad. It pained me to her that tone in her voice.

"Medically you're in perfect shape to conceive and get pregnant, maybe if we get your blood pressure in control we'll get the results you want"

My lips crack into a smile. At least we know what's wrong and that it's possible we'll achieve what we both want.

~•~
A week later

We just got back from the hospital and Amara is cleared and ready to go. Her blood pressure is back to normal and her health has improved as well.

"Are you okay?" She looks at me with glossy eyes. Her eyes are so beautiful, she has the most gorgeous brown eyes I've ever seen. They compliment her full eyebrows.

"Of course I am, why wouldn't I be?" I look back at her turning my body towards her on the couch.

"You've just been a little quiet" she quietly says fiddling with her fingers.

She's overthinking.

I look at her and hold your hands in mine and squeeze them a bit. Then I kiss her knuckles and look down at her glossy eyes.

"I'm just envisioning how wonderful the next year will be" she looks at me confused and studies my face for answers.

"How so?" She says lightly rubbing her thumbs against my palms.

"We'll have little feet tapping across the floors in a few months" a smile appearing on my face as I look at her.

"Hopefully" she says with a little doubt but a smile overall.

"No, definitely. I'll make sure of it"

——————————————————————-
Hey guys
Sorry for the short chapter. I hope you enjoy. I will be changing the cover of the book in a few days.

Word count: 1097

Thank you guys for 6k reads! I love all the support <3

Don't forget to vote!!

<333