Chapter 8: love keeps no record of wrongs

'Where are you? Please talk to me. Call me back please, Erin.'

I was just looking at the message that Cadmus sent me. I've been staring at it for a while. My tears are still falling. He has a lot of missed calls and messages full of asking where I am or how I am doing. I looked at my cellphone again when I received another notification.

'Let's talk when you're okay. I want to tell you something.'

"What are you planning now?" Nirca asked me. "I thought he was different... It turns out he's the same. He's also a user. He lied..." She shook her head while combing my hair.

"What should I do, Nirca?" I frowned because my tears were about to fall. "I do not know what to do."

She stopped combing my hair. "What does your heart want? Just follow..."

"I would have understood that he came home late, but when I saw the two of them, him with the girl I was worried about, that's when I was really hurt. It's painful, sis. It's like breaking my heart. Shattering it to pieces."

"That's confirmed, sis, you've fallen for him. You're dead meat." She scares me.

"I never knew he would hurt me like this before I even confess to him that I like him for real..."

"You're jealous? Why, do you have something?" This question to me caused me to answer even more. "I'm just saying, you don't really have a label so what do you expect... He's not really tied to you because even though you're his real girlfriend, you're just a girlfriend. He's not your husband yet."

"I don't know what to do, Nirca..." I hugged her as my tears continued to flow.

"Stop that before everyone finds out, Erin. You're only going to get hurt."

I already said it, I will be hurt too... What made me change my mind and risk with him? Hah... I haven't even confessed yet. What is my problem? Well, even though I confessed, I got an answer because I saw them together in the office later that night. He chose that over me. Than my own birthday.

------------

"Sister Erin! I'm glad you came here. How did you know I'm here?" Cadesia was very happy to see me. She was still clinging to my arm as we walked.

"Manang Aida just mentioned it to me..." I smiled.

I'm in Cadesia's condo. I had intended to visit her and ask some information about the relationship between Amber and Cadmus in the past. I hate overthinking.

"I'm really glad you came here without Kuya." She hugged me again. "I heard you guys had a fight. Is everything okay?" She worriedly asked me.

I smiled at her and patted her hand on my shoulder. She hugged me again.

"Please don't break up with brother... He's stubborn but he is nice. Tell me if I can do anything when you guys had a fight so I can help fix it because I don't want to lose you, Sister Erin. I want you to be Kuya's wife someday! I can't imagine someone else to be Kuya's wife if it's not you." She said seriously to me.

I looked at her. Can I tell her? After all, she already knows the truth that I'm not Amber and she hid it from her father when I told her to.

I moved a few strands of her hair that were on her face. I put it behind her ear before I smiled at her. "I have something to tell you, Cadesia. I know you will be sad when I tell you this. You may even be angry..."

She looked at me innocently. "What is it?" She nervously questioned. "Did you guys break up?" Her eyes began to water.

I shook my head again and again. "Cadesia, no... Please listen to me. Listen to Sister Erin okay..." I sighed again. "The truth is... Your brother and I, we never had a relationship with each other."