Chapter 11: love always trusts

"How many times do I have to tell you, I don't like you anymore!" I screamed.

"Erin, listen," Jarmin sighed. "You know that I really love you. I know you can feel it. You weren't even surprised because one day I just called, saying I cheated on you? Do you think I can do that?"

I laughed sarcastically. "How should I know? That's up to you!" I screamed and tried to remove his body that was holding me against the wall. "When Cadmus sees you here, he won't hesitate to end you!" I still yelled at him.

"End me?" It stopped for a moment but immediately laughed. "End me huh, Erin? He can't end me. But I do can end him."

"What do you want to prove huh? What do you want?" Little by little, the tears I had been holding back were starting to fall. "You left me and now you're going to show up again? I don't love you anymore, Jarmin. Not anymore."

"You're only saying that because Cadmus is there. Because he showed you the one he loves. I'm here again, Erin. I can give you more than his money and love. Don't act like I never loved you the way he did! I love you! We love each other, that's the truth!" He still yelled at me but when he saw my eyes, he softened his gaze at me. "I-I'm sorry, Erin..."

He's right. There are similarities of him and Cadmus on how they made me feel loved. Jarim also took me out like Cadmus did, kissed me like Cadmus did, hugs me like Cadmus did, makes me laugh like Cadmus did but... Did he take me to a special person's grave? Bought me cotton candy and balloons to heal my inner child? Kiss me in the forehead like Cadmus did? Say sorry like he did? Gives me assurance like Cadmus did? No.

"You're not Cadmus, Jarmin. And you never will be. We are done long time ago."

Cadmus finally left Amber in front of me and I will do the same to Jarmin.

"But I love you, Erin!" Tears started rolling down his eyes.

"You love me? Then why did you leave me hanging? I was struggling, Jarmin! You left me all alone! If you loved me, you will never call me one day and just say you cheated on me like it's nothing! You left me!" My tears flowed.

I genuinely loved him and I know he genuinely loved me too. But that doesn't change the fact that he cheated and left me. And now he wants to come back to me like nothing happened?

"Can you please let me explain, Erin? I just want you to spare some time to listen to me. Please Erin... I love you so much."

"We are done, Jarmin..."

He frustratedly touched his face. "Okay... Okay. Let's just say that. We're done. But please listen to me, just a few minutes, Erin... Please."

I looked at him, full of resentment.

But no, I want to listen. I want to know what really happened. But nothing will change my decision. I would choose Cadmus and Cadmus only.

"Fine," I looked away.

He took me to a coffee shop. He was just looking at me while I was just looking outside because I didn't want to face him. Because the cover in this shop is also made of glass.

"I never cheated on you, Erin..." he began. I almost threw up but I chose to laugh sarcastically. His introduction is great, it's a lie! "I-I'm not lying... I swear, I promise I'll tell you the truth about everything."

I still didn't speak so he sighed.

"I'm greedy, that's what people knew. But that's wrong, it's my father who's that bad person. He may seem like the good person in other person's stories because he fakes everything, but in reality he is not. He's the one who controlled me. He wants me to handle our company at such a young age. He wants me to be Cadmus' rival because he knew I'm his weakness because we used to be friends. He wants me to end him. And I cannot take it any longer because if I don't do it, he will end everything that makes me happy. Even you, Erin. Even you."