Chapter 10: love always protects

"Cadmus?"

"Yes?"

We were both in the car. Since yesterday, we have not returned home from the mansion. After we got home from the cemetery we went straight to a park near it.

"I'm just asking, it's okay if you don't answer because I understand it's a bit uncomfortable. I just want to know..."

"What's that?" He turned to me. The car stopped just in time because there was traffic again.

"How many years did you and Amber have a relationship?" I have a curious question. Sorry, I held my mouth but my mind was really full of questions.

"Almost two years..." He answered. "We'll last longer than that if we'll have a real relationship." He answered simply before turning to start the car.

My jaw dropped when he said that. I'm still even moved by what he said yesterday and now, this?! If so, he really likes me!

My cheeks heat up just thinking about it. I just put my gaze on the window so that he wouldn't see my reddened face.

Earlier in the park, Cadmus bought me a balloon, cotton candy and some other things that children buy. He made my inner child happy with what he did. He has done so much for me. I will study hard to become a CEO like him.

I leaned on him when I felt sleepy but I immediately removed it when I remembered that he was actually driving but he put it back there.

We are now going to the company building. He said, I can be there. The only thing he was worried about was that I might be bored there but I said no.

When we got inside, people immediately stood up to greet me and Cadmus. Cadmus greeted back but did not speak. He just bowed and signaled to them. I just smiled and waved to those who greeted me as we walked.

We met Rachel at the elevator. She seems to be in a hurry. Her eyes widened when she saw me and she seemed even more nervous.

"Good morning, Mr. Arcajante, Ms. Erin!" She greets us.

She seemed to want to talk to Cadmus but couldn't get the time because I was there. What I did was I moved away a little so they could talk but they chose to keep quiet.

When we entered that floor, my eyes widened and saw the woman in front of me now. She looked at Cadmus and I as her eyes widened in shock.

"Amber..." I whispered her name.

What is she doing here?

She raised an eyebrow at me. "Erin? You also work here. Wow, you found a job that fast? I never expected that." She gave me a fake smile.

I smiled sarcastically at her. Even though I'm annoyed with her, I have no intention of wasting time with this bitch. I will not waste my energy on that girl's brain.

"What are you doing here, Amber?" Cadmus asked sternly. "I already told you I'm no longer interested in whatever you will say. How many times do I have to tell you that I don't want to see your face anymore?"

Amber suddenly approached Cadmus. "Oh Cadmus... I know you miss me too. We can go back together again."

"There, you said it. You didn't come here for business purposes but you came here so we can be together again." Cadmus played with his tongue under the cheek. "Get out now, Amber. Or I'll drag you out." His voice thundered.

"Erin's here too! I know her! She knows we look good together." She looked at me. "Erin, Cadmus and I look good together right?"

I frowned at her question. Why is she asking me? Does she really intend to annoy me until I explode?