▫️Three

Ginelle's pov

Wednesdays were the best.

This was my best day of the week because I was free for the most of it and I wasn't required at work. Normally, I would have lunch with Leila and Louis at a restaurant nearby then do some shopping later. However, today I had other plans.

I had passed by the store earlier this morning to check on the progress for me to give a report to Lora. She still was busy with Dalton and I couldn't wait for Friday when I'd be seeing both of them.

It was still gloomy with their absence but then Jordan had turned up at work today. I was so excited to see him and we chatted endlessly about our short holiday adventures.

Jordan had finally trimmed down his afro. He had been so obsessed with his hair that I was so shocked to see that he'd cut it down. The now short hair still made him attractive but he'd been whining all morning at how ridiculous he felt.

Leave it to my friends who were always concerned with their appearance. I'd show up looking as if I had been run over and still have no care. It never really mattered but this afternoon I had put on some effort.

My usually messy dark hair was now curled as it ran down my back in adorable waves. I was wearing a white dress paired with some flats and a brown jacket just in case it got chilly. I twirled in front of the glass-mirror then with a satisfied grin, I walked into the familiar shop.

An ice cream shop

I visited the place almost thrice a week or even more depending on my unstable mood swings. When I felt sad or got angry over something, the ice-cream usually helped a lot. The sweets I ate also took down my anxiety though it was quite alarming how much sugar I could take in.

That aside, my eyes quickly swept over everyone in here and I relaxed slightly when I didn't spot him. I was a few minutes early so I had a seat by the window and I took in deep breaths.

Grey

He would be arriving soon and the excitement in me couldn't be contained. I was even surprised that he had agreed to meet up for my ice cream offer. I curled into my seat when I remembered how embarrassing it felt after blurting out the words.

How could such a large man eat ice-cream? He didn't even look like the type to yet I don't know why I'd suggested in the first place but then with him agreeing it came as another shock to me. He was even familiar with the name of this store.

I was starting to think he had bailed out on me when he didn't show up ten minutes later that I began to pick on my nails, a habit I had when I got anxious. Was he really not up to the idea or was he busy?

My overthinking always got the better part of me. Perhaps he was in a mission and couldn't make it. That was understandable but I couldn't take it. I was the type of person who always gave their all in something. He had to come.

"Ginelle," a low husky voice called quietly and the movement of my hands halted. I snapped my head to the right the fastest possible and I felt my stomach flip at his sight. He had come. Grey was here.

He was in yet another black shirt, this time a short sleeved one that framed his built rather well and black pants that matched his shirt. His jet black hair was out of order that I noticed the tired features on his face.

"Grey, have a seat." I motioned to the chair in front of me as I attempted a smile. My eyes followed his every move till he comfortably looked back at me. The chairs didn't seem to accommodate him well since he seemed to occupy the whole space.