▫️Forty-two

Ginelle's pov

"Babe, why is the line so long?"

For a usual week day, there were so many people visiting the aquarium since we had been waiting for over fifteen minutes now.

With us still in our post anniversary mood, we had organized this aquarium date as our activity of the day.

It however didn't look like a good day to be here because of the large crowd pushing behind us but I was still glad that my man was with me.

"I didn't know it would get this crowded," he gently tugged me by my waist so that I was closer and slightly hidden before him.

"Maybe we should have gone hiking," Grey attempted to joke but I pulled on a long face that made him chuckle lightly.

I'd rather sleep all day than get my whole body sore just by walking up a steep mountain out of breath and with a dry throat.

"It'll be our turn soon," my fingers coiled around the edge of his jacket as I shuffled closer to him so that I wouldn't get lost.

We eventually reached the front and after Grey spoke to the person in charge, we were let in after filling out a small form.

Grey held my hand as soon as we got in and I smiled as I swung both of our linked hands to and fro.

The inside wasn't as crowded as the outside. I noticed a few children who were accompanied by their families.

Grey letting me take lead of whichever direction I wanted to take first, I pointed towards the left and he agreed.

The hallways were somewhat darker but after adjusting to the lighting there, I walked excitedly in the look out for any life underwater.

I skipped towards the first fish I saw, Grey following closely though my pace didn't seem to affect him.

"They look so small," I leaned into the glass to see one them swimming closer and squealed when it did a small flip.

"Did you see that?" I excitedly pointed at the next batch that swam by and giggled at the pattern they made.

I really did love fish.

We walked to the next set, my smile so wide as I stared at their beautiful scales. They were of a yellow shade, almost golden in colour.

I didn't know of their breeds or even their names but I loved admiring their beauty as they swam in groups.

Tapping my fingers at the screen, they didn't seem disturbed at the movement as they swam closer to where I was standing.

"You're that excited, baby?" Grey leaned his head to the glass just as I had done and we watched the fish together.

"Yes, I really wanted to come here." My eyes followed a young orange-scaled fish and I noticed it swim closer to a larger grey one.

Smiling and giggling, I nudged Grey to look at them. They were so adorable that I took out my phone to snap a picture of them.

"You're smiling so much at them," I heard Grey grumble beside me after I'd taken a few pictures.

"What was that?" I pretended not to hear as I took more pictures but when a whale swam by us so suddenly, I jumped in fright.

I held onto Grey while hiding into his chest until it went past us and then sheepishly looked up at him.