▫️Twenty-four

Ginelle's pov

I squealed- one, two then three times.

My back rested on the door after it shut behind me in a soft click. I hugged the flowers to my chest smiling as I stared down at them. I never had a favorite flower before but I now knew tulips were.

I went to peak through the window after switching on the lights to check whether Grey had left. His car was still there and through the windscreen, his figure was angled towards me that I pulled back immediately.

I placed my hand over the left side of my chest all the while trying to hold back a smile. I couldn't believe what was happening or what I had just done. The more I reminisced it all, the more I blushed and giggled to myself.

I peeked again through the window and this time his car was pulling away from the neighborhood. I walked further into my apartment not putting the flowers down for a moment. I wanted to hold them for the longest time.

I went into my room to change into something comfortable, briefly looking back at the red tulips on my night-stand. It might have appeared obsessive but this was the first time a man had given me flowers.

And this man was Grey, which gave me even more butterflies.

I smiled again, something I didn't seem to have a control over, when I thought about him. He looked so handsome in the black turtleneck that I had stared at him countless times during our date when he wasn't looking.

Our date, it was one right?

I hoped it was because I didn't want to interprete things differently when there might be nothing going on. I decided to cling onto what I could see as I thought back of the things he'd done for me.

He had called me beautiful, held me by my waist, bought me flowers, he'd read me to bed, comforted me during the nights it rained, saved me when I was once in danger and later nursed me at his place.

"What has you zoning out this much?" I jumped, holding the edge of the table, then turned around to see Leila rising up from my bed as she rubbed her eyes. I hadn't seen her when I entered the room.

"When did you get here?" I sat beside her on the bed after offering her a glass of water. Leila now appeared more alert as she told me that Louis had an appointment with a client this evening and she didn't want to be alone.

She went on about how she missed him and looked forward to seeing him tomorrow. Even with her wild stories, I found my mind drifting back to Grey.

I looked back at the flowers wondering if he had meant what I thought. Mama had always told me that all flowers had meanings so I already knew what this was but I didn't know whether it was the same for him.

Maybe he had just chosen them at random and had no idea. I shook my head, the thought making me feel even more terrible. Leila nudged my side after realizing that I wasn't listening to her.

"Did something happen?" She cupped my face like a baby and sat in front of me. I tried to shake my head but she seemed to have seen the flowers on my night stand.

"Oh my, did Grey buy you those?" Her eyes darted to the bouquet then back at me as I nodded. Leila smiled as she squeezed my cheeks and I laughed with her.