🔸Bonus | 3

GINELLE

"Baby come see, she's awake."

Grey excitedly called from the next room and I dropped the small white blanket I'd been folding.

I rushed into our room to find him standing next to the small crib beside our bed, a spot he never seemed to leave.

He smiled at me and then turned to the small figure laying on the soft purple covers.

Our baby

Grey leaned closer to her face, his smile as wide as ever and I watched how her soft brown eyes watched him in wonder.

She blabbered out while lifting her small fingers as she turned side to side, trying to reach Grey's face.

Her legs lifted slightly when she eventually held the side of his face and an excited sound left her mouth.

"My sweet baby," Grey nuzzled his face into her small hand, another lovely sound coming out of her that I smiled.

I watched Grey slowly pick her up into his arms, her small body barely covering half of his broad chest.

He pressed soft kisses on her chubby cheeks while soothingly rocking her into his arms and her fingers held onto the curve of his shirt in small tight fists.

What a sight.

I just stared at their interaction with so much joy in my heart, Grey assuming his father role so naturally.

With one of his arms securely holding her to himself, he turned towards me and reached for my hair, affectionately stroking it down.

"She slept for so long, I was worried." He lips pressed over my temple twice and he gently pulled me closer so that we were hugging.

"She's still young," I assured him that it was normal to have her sleep for long hours.

Our baby, Gina, turned at my voice and she started to squirm in Grey's arms upon seeing my face.

Her eyes dimmed first and the corners of her mouth turned down before she started to cry.

Grey passed her to me, his face troubled at her sudden cry and I softly rubbed her back as her head rested on my chest.

She went quiet a few seconds later and I noticed the relief on Grey's face. He was usually troubled when she cried.

There were times when she cried so much to a point where I didn't know what she wanted that I too found myself crying.

I would helplessly rock her into my arms and Grey would worriedly look at the two of us, trying to find a solution.

We would alternate holding her, Grey doing all he could till she finally went quiet and fell sleep.

Putting her to sleep was yet another difficult task because just at the slightest stir, she would wake up.

It took almost ten minutes to fully lay her on bed but the best thing was that she slept for longer hours.

This had been during her first two weeks but now she'd calmed down. At three months now, I had grown to learn her body behaviour.

Right now she looked up at me with puckered lips, her right hand holding onto a strand of my hair and I understood that she was hungry.

I sat down at the edge of our bed so as to feed her properly and Grey followed, sitting right next to me.

He watched me feed Gina, his eyes alternating between her face and mine and the corners of his mouth curved up in a smile.