▫️Twenty-nine

Ginelle's pov

I was so excited.

It was already Saturday, the day we would be visiting Nana. I had been so ecstatic about this, having woken up at five to prepare some soft bread for Grey's grandma.

Knowing how Grey would grumble about this, I had also prepared a small gift for him, something I would give him later because I was slightly nervous about it.

I quickly packed the bread in small bags and then placed them all in one large bag. After tidying up the kitchen, I brought all I would need next to the door since Grey would be arriving soon.

I then rushed back to my room to get my purse. I took my phone out to notice that it was almost nine and before I could check for any new messages, mama called and I picked up.

"Hello mama," she greeted back asking how my morning was and whether I had finished getting ready. I had told her about this yesterday when she asked how Grey was.

I recounted how excited she'd been to hear this, urging me to invite Grey to our home too but I didn't want to pressurize him, the mission that was coming up already weighing his mind.

"Is Grey with you? Did you leave already? Can I talk to him?" She excitedly asked, giving me no chance to answer as she continued to giggle.

She had been asking about Grey a lot recently, especially after she'd known that we were now dating. In each of her calls, she never failed to include him.

"No mama, he's not here yet. I'll call you later, okay?" I rushed out the conversation because we would end up talking for minutes. I asked her to greet papa for me before I hang up.

I tied my hair up and just as I gave my room one last glance, I got a text from Grey. He stated that he was here and after peeking through my window, I saw him getting off the car with his phone in hand.

I smiled, running to open the door for him. I had missed him for the few hours we'd been apart so as soon as I flung the door open, I lunged onto him, my hands round his neck.

The scent of his cologne got to my nose and I closed my eyes just to relish how great it felt to be in his arms. His hands reached for my waist, pulling me even closer as he bend his head a little bit.

"I missed you sweetheart," he whispered into my hair and I got goosebumps at how deep his voice was. Slightly pulling back, I admired the blue shirt he was wearing, the material similar to the one I'd bought him.

"I missed you too," I stood on my toes again to press a kiss on his cheek. He smiled, his arm reaching for my waist and I noticed the gleam in his eyes seemed to brighten.

"You had a lovely night?" He continued to ask and I nodded along as I adjusted the cuff links of his shirt. He appeared to have dressed in a hurry or he'd just simply forgotten, I wasn't sure.

"Let me get everything," I had just moved to take out the bags but Grey shook his head telling me he would do that as he led me to his car then opened the door for me.

"Have this," he took out a milkshake from his cup holder after I had adjusted the seat belt. Smiling, I took it from him and pecked his lips this time because he was being so sweet.