🔸Bonus | 1

GINELLE

Finally I understood it.

The reason behind my endless fatigue, the very frequent headaches I was having, not to mention this nauseous feeling I was now starting to feel.

I was going to have a baby.

My hand went to my very flat stomach, the affirmation that I'd received a few hours ago now sinking into my mind.

I had a child within me and for a second that made me nervous. Surely I had imagined of this happening one day but the reality of it hit differently.

It was my first time. I didn't know what was expected of me. I didn't even know what to do next in the days to come.

My thoughts instantly shifted to Grey. I thought of what his reaction would be. He was usually fond of babies so I knew he'd be excited but I was still anxious.

I sat down at the couch for a while, thinking of what my life would become. What my life with Grey would transition to.

I zoned out for an entire minute, the vibration of my phone bringing me back to the present. I blinked up severally, before reading the text I'd received.

I'll be home in half an hour, sweetheart ~ My lovely husband

I immediately stood up at Grey's message, my heart beating even faster when he send me a photo of himself in the car, my favorite cake lying on one of the car seats.

Panic rose through me, my fingers touching the skin of the tummy again before I started pacing to and fro.

How was I going to tell him?

I ran my hands over my face three times, mentally telling myself to calm down and get myself together.

Everything is okay.

You're going to be alright.

There's nothing to be anxious of.

My thoughts of assurance flew out of the window when I heard the familiar hoot of Grey's car pulling into the driveway.

I wiped the palms of my sweaty hands over my trousers and peeked through the kitchen window.

He had just alighted, a small box in his left hand and a bouquet of yellow tulips in his right hand.

I took deep breaths again, my breath evening out for a second before I thought again of what I had to reveal to him and I was back to my anxious self.

"Sweetheart?" His ever sweet voice called after I heard the front door close and I took light steps towards the living room.

His smile widened even more upon seeing my face that he quickly dropped the items in his hands to the table nearby and took two large strides towards me.

By my thighs, he lifted me up to himself and cleared my messy hair out of my face, lovingly cupping my cheeks.

I smiled at him and he too smiled back, his lips resting over mine for the next one minute where we exchanged a loving kiss.

"I missed you baby," Grey's hands went to my back in teasing way, my legs around him tightening the more.

"How was your day?" I asked him as naturally as I could, ignoring the elephant in my mind for a moment.

"It was boring without you." He replied with a sour face that I chuckled a bit and pecked his lips twice.

"Did you have a good time with the girls?" He softly asked that I bit my lip and looked away.