▫️Six

Ginelle's pov

Dalton excitedly took Grey up the stairs leading to my apartment. His steps barely fit one step at a time though he slowly went along with Dal's pace.

I slowly came up behind them getting bits of what they were talking about though I occasionally stared at his black jacket that clung onto his large back.

Dal spoke non-stop, waving his hands around to demonstrate what he was saying as Grey nodded frequently looking back slightly to check if I was following.

I smiled at how fast the two had gotten close as I ruffled my hands through my bag to get the keys. It appeared as if I wasn't even going to my own place.

"Elle," Dal called as he stood at the door impatiently waiting to get in. Grey silently walked to the side as I came forward with the key.

I slung my bag over my shoulder so as to open the door. I always unlocked with both of my hands. One time I'd attempted using one hand and the keys ended up inside the apartment with the door still unlocked.

The sling of my bag went down my shoulder just as the door opened. My reflexes were not quick but Grey's were. He easily caught the bag before it fell.

"Thank you," my cheeks felt hot as I took the bag but I was quick to compose myself as I led them in. Well, just Grey because Dalton had already rushed to my room to get his change of clothes and slippers.

My house was fairly tidy given that I'd just moved from Leila's apartment a few days back. I wasn't a neat person but even in my disorderliness, I knew where everything was.

From the corner of my eye, I watched Grey look around my small apartment. It was fairly large enough for me, a small living room connected to a kitchen then a medium sized bedroom.

I could hear soft padding of feet in the washroom and I hoped Dalton wasn't messing with my accessories. He had an habit of trying out every soap that smelled good.

I looked down at Grey's feet, he had some black combat boots on and they weren't going to be comfortable for long so I dashed to my shoe rack.

"Wear these," I extended a pair of blue sandals to him. At least they weren't orange like the walls of the apartment. I hope he wasn't judging me for my choice of colour.

Grey hesitantly looked down at the sandals then back at me but took them nonetheless. I stared up at him waiting for him to change and seeing I wasn't going anywhere, he dropped down in a squat to take his shoes off.

He attempted putting on my slippers but only his toes went through. My eyes widened and I turned around to look for a better option. That was my largest pair after all.

"I can stay this way," Grey reassured me as he rose up. He pointed at his feet suggesting that he'd walk around with his socks on. The floor was probably cold though.

I began to worry my lip and upon realizing my unsettled form, he took a step towards me and slowly lifted his right hand. He stopped midair as if he was holding back although I eventually felt his hand on my hair.

It was a gentle stroke, one that had me look deeper into his eyes. The grey in them shone calmly rocking me to and from delicately like a child. I almost sighed at how great it felt for him to pat my hair but he dropped his hand so soon.

"I'm okay, tulip." The corners of his mouth turned slightly upwards and I noticed that a dimple appeared on his left cheek. He couldn't get any more handsome. It was so unfair to me.

Distracted by another of his facial features, I almost missed out on what he'd called me. The name had my cheeks turn up and when I looked back at him, his eyes were on my cheeks that in no doubt had a permanent blush.