▫️Nine

Ginelle's pov

"Elle, I want this." Dalton pointed at the fries on the menu that had some sort of flavoring making them look more appealing.

"Me too," Mayella piped in beside him on the large round table. I smiled as I framed a fallen strand out of her face.

Exhausted from running around in the park, they had gotten hungry and we'd come to one of the nearby restaurants.

"Okay," I gave into their requests as my eyes ran over the entire place. It looked classy and expensive.

"Look the cutlery!" Leila whispered beside me as she nudged my side to the right. Everything was of quality too.

Reece called the waiter who took all our orders. Leila and I took fries just as the children while Reece ordered something I didn't hear. Grey hadn't spoken so I assumed he'd taken a similar order.

"You have to wash your hands," I reminded Dalton who seemed to have forgotten all the etiquette after meeting Mayella.

"I'll go with Maya," he stood up from his chair much easier and helped Maya get off hers. I held onto them just incase they slipped.

Leila raised her brow to ask if I was fine alone but Reece pulled her into a conversation before I replied. It was just washing hands anyway.

I pointed to the sinks near the entrance and before I realized it, they dashed ahead with Mayella giggling as Dalton rushed after her.

"Slower." My steps faltered at the command and my stomach flipped at the deep authoritative voice that came up behind me. Mayella and Dalton too stopped running.

Grey had come with us.

He gave them a pointed gaze and they began to walk normally to the sinks. It wasn't that demanding but his voice was one that needed attention. Who could resist such an order?

His eyes flitted to mine as I looked up at him in wonder. He appeared beguiling, making one easily give in to every of his command.

"Let's go," he stated lowly since my feet seemed to have stuck on the marble floor. I blinked twice then speed walked to ensure that the kids weren't playing with water.

Grey easily caught up to walk beside me. I gave him a small smile which he attempted to return because the corners of his lips turned up just the slightest.

"Masha, look!" Mayella rubbed her hands quite aggressively as foam spread all over her arms. She clapped her hands that the bubbles landed on Dal's face.

Masha

"Don't play here," Grey spoke as softly as possible and they both nodded simultaneously. I smiled at their discipline as I helped Mayella reach the tap to rinse her hands.

Dalton quickly washed his and I helped both of them dry their hands. They were back to join the rest as soon as I was done. At least they weren't running.

I applied the bluish detergent on my left palm then my eyes went up to the mirror. This was an habit of mine everytime I came across one, making funny faces.

This time however I was met with the familiar yet hypnotizing grey colour. My breath caught up in my throat when he came closer, closer that his chest almost touch my back.