🔹Bonus | 2

GREY

Ecstatic

I was beyond that, the immense gratitude I carried in my heart just at her presence being immeasurable.

She was glowing, every part of her radiated in a magnificent way that I found it so hard to look away.

She was chatting excitedly with the girls, the sweet smile on her face making my lips curve just by seeing her happy.

My wife

I seemed to even forget that I'd been against this idea at first. I didn't want her to get tired, my concern for her growing each passing day.

She had invited everyone to our place for a small get together and even when I knew this would tire her by the end of the day, I kept my lips sealed after seeing her eagerness when everyone confirmed that they'd come.

With her body changing day by day, I knew the fatigue that would tear her down after so much activity thus my eyes shifted to her every few seconds.

I trusted everyone around her; Nana, Rosie, Clarissa and Lora. They were all so supportive after we'd shared the news of her pregnancy months ago.

Nana would call every two days to ask how we were fairing and Ginelle would openly share with her all that she was feeling.

Her parents would come by once every two months, our friends keeping us company anytime they were free.

Even with everyone beside her, I still felt a little bit anxious when it wasn't me by her side. I barely focused on what the boys were saying, my attention solely on her.

"Grey, she's literally in your vicinity, just a few meters away." Reece nudged my arm to get my attention.

I turned to the men around me - Reece, Enzo and Jordan sipping their drinks as they emphatically shook their heads.

I didn't care what they thought of me, the expressions I wore being so open that anyone could read.

"How does he even go to work?" Jordan asked the moment my head turned the other way a minute later.

"You think he'd leave her home alone?" Reece scoffed, whereas Enzo hummed in agreement.

"He applied for leave a month ago." Reece explained, Jordan mumbling that it was only sensible that way.

And true to their words, I had taken leave a month ago. It didn't take much convincing with the brigade commander because it was my very first time.

He even seemed much eager to give me leave, given that my performance in the preceding months had been questioning.

It had been really hard for me to focus on work from the moment Ginelle shared with me the news about our baby.

When I was away, I would call her too often, sometimes passing by the bookstore since she kept insisting that she still wanted to go to work.

Though worried, I had let her for the first five months but the moment her bump began showing, I asked her to stay home.

She willingly gave in and it was a month later when I too stopped going to work and stayed at home, taking care of her.

Her bump had grown since then, her clothes no longer fitting to a point where even my extra large shirts barely covered her fully.

I was at awe every time I looked at her. She was dazzlingly ethereal, every inch of her being so perfect.

She laughed at something Nana had said, her smile dying out as the conversation went on and I tried to read her face to check whether she was comfortable.