"𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕕 𝕚𝕥," |1.3|

Teyvat's map was..complicated, to say the least.

Or perhaps the map wasn't the problem, but y/n was.

It felt like she was walking in circles. Ever since she left Xingxing village, every place she passed by looked the same. Honestly, did she even manage to leave Liyue yet? If only she had some type of navigator to follow, everything would've been so much easier.

But challenges were something that just so happen to come along with every life, no? She was just gonna have to figure it out.

But who knew dealing with challenges would make one feel so weak-hearted?

As the sun was setting in the distance, a group of hilichurls jumped out from behind the trees to land a surprise attack.

Y/n would be lying if she said that she didn't feel her non-existent heart try to leap out of her chest.

But she didn't let that show.

Summoning her ancient fan, she conjured a glass-like crystal ball made purely of ice, quickly throwing it up at the hilichurls that jumped to attack her.

When it made contact with them, it exploded into shards and sent them back.

She sighed in relief when they fell unconscious, taking a step back but coming to a standstill when she felt something behind her.

She slowly lifted her head to meet sight of a mitachurl raising its axe into the air.

Her cry of surprise got caught in her throat as she quickly jumped aside when it tried to slam the axe down on her.

Y/n had fought plenty of hilichurls before since they always surrounded Xingxing village, but mitachurls were more of a rare occurrence.

Her sleeves swayed with the wind as she jumped to avoid yet another attack, quickly forming an array of ice particles before sending plenty of sharp icicles to fling towards the mitachurl.

This knocked the monster back, who cried out in a language y/n was unfamiliar with as it fell down to the ground.

The puppet glanced behind herself to make sure there weren't any more surprise attacks.

To her dismay, it was something much worse.

It appeared that while fighting, she had ended up somewhere completely different.

It seemed to be a ruin of some sort, but what caught her eye the most were the strange mechanics that surrounded the area.

"There are so many of them.." She murmured to herself, seeming curious.

And as you all know, curiosity kills the cat.

Her murmurs seemed to trigger these robotic creatures, their eye-like lights flickering on as they pulled themselves to stand up.

Y/n didn't know what to do.
She's never come across any of these things before.
Perhaps they were friendly?

One of these machineries turned around, it's back lighting up and shooting missiles towards her way.

No, they were definitely not friendly.

Y/n quickly leaped to the side to avoid the missiles, nearly tripping over but managing to catch herself.

When they all awoke, plenty tried to spin after her, to which her stamina failed her as she tried to run away.

"Ugh-" She groaned as she pushed herself back up from the ground, turning her head and summoning her fan again as she lifted one of her hands.

She was too slow, cause yet another one of these robotic creatures already came to jump towards her.

Her breath hitched as she rushed to roll aside to try not to get crushed.

It was too much, she wasn't experienced enough for this.

What could she do?

She closed her eyes when they all jumped towards her at the same time.

Was this really gonna be it?

"Lament!"

Y/n opened her eyes again when a rough voice met her ears, lifting her head to spot a raven haired boy with a polearm plunging down onto the pack of robots, throwing them back and away from her.

He was wearing a mask of some kind, his face hidden behind it. But what she could see were the tattoos on his arm and the turquoise strands in his hair.

The wind was swift.

In the speed of sound, this boy rushed back and forth, hitting each of his targets accurately and effectively.

After what he thought to be the last one fell to the ground, he spun his polearm around before slamming it down beside himself, turning slowly to meet sight of the cryo holder he rescued.

Y/n was in awe.

"T-..Thank.."

"..What were you thinking? Coming here when you don't know how to fight properly." He scoffed.

The vessel was taken aback.

"I-..uh..I-I got.." She tried to explain how she got lost, but kept fumbling over her words instead.

Thinking about what to say was so easy, so why couldn't she bring herself to actually speak?

"Leave, go home. Don't waste your time trying to do something that you can't." Her masked saviour turned his head away to leave.

Y/n's eyes widened.

"Hold on!"

She rushed to reach her hand out to warn him when she saw a remaining one of those robots jump up and try to attack the one who saved her, only to flinch when lightening suddenly striked through the sky and broke that metallic monster down.

The boy's mask faded away, revealing surprised, amber eyes that held a purple glint in them for a split second when that lightening striked its way among the myriad of stars in the dark sky above them.

He turned his head towards her again to examine her attire, noticing only a cryo vision dangling from her hanfu.

He narrowed his eyes in suspicion. "..How did you do that?"

Y/n was dumbfounded herself.

"I-..I don't know.."