"𝕀'𝕞 𝕒𝕗𝕣𝕒𝕚𝕕 𝕠𝕗 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕀 𝕒𝕞." |1.5|

"Woah! Are you a noble, or something? Paimon thinks you look too elegant to be a regular citizen of Mondstadt!" The floating sprite exclaimed at the sight of y/n, tugging on her blond companion's braid, "A noble would mean lots of mora." She whispered gleefully as the male merely pushed her hand away.

"Ah- sort of? The one who lent me these clothes could be considered a noble." y/n answered while pondering to herself, though looked towards them again when she heard a splash.

The blond male was making his way over.

"..Do you really not know how to swim?" He questioned, pushing himself back up onto his feet after swimming his way over to the statue.

Y/n shook her head. "I really don't."

"Then I'll help you." He told her as he reached to place his hand against the statue to help himself stand upright again, only to tense and look up when it started to glow a turquoise colour.

The trio all lifted their heads while the orb that the figure of the statue was holding emitted some type of light with an anemo symbol in the middle, which disappeared after floating down and making contact with the blonde.

Y/n blinked in silence whereas the other two made eye contact with each other.

"Ohh, did you just feel the elements of the world?" The floating sprite named Paimon asked her companion with amazed eyes, "Seems all you had to do was touch the statue and it gave you the power of anemo!" She shook her head, folding her arms over one another, "As much as they may want it, people of this world can never get ahold of powers as easily as you do."

"..I think I know why," He started after pondering for a bit, "It's because-"

"Uh-huh! It's because you're not from this world to begin with!" Paimon chirped, not even allowing him to finish what he was saying.

What?

"Uhm," y/n tried to regain their attention, attempting to think of what to say.

"..Could I get an explanation?"

"Oh!" The fairy spoke after realizing they still had someone else with them, "Uhh..sure! Aether doesn't like to talk a lot so Paimon can explain it to you!" She smiled before gesturing towards the direction of the windmills, "if we keep heading west from here, we'll eventually reach Mondstadt. Paimon will explain things to you on the way!"

Not wishing to pry in someone's personal business without their approval, y/n glanced over towards the traveller named Aether, who didn't look all too bothered. He merely held his hand out to her.

"Hold onto me, I'll swim through the water."

♡__.○.__♡

"I'm so sorry for the trouble.."

"Hah..don't be, I barely broke a sweat." The other traveller answered despite obviously struggling to catch up with his breath, clearly out of stamina.

Y/n smiled apologetically before glancing down at her hanfu. Now that it was soaking wet, it felt rather heavy.

Paimon frowned as she glanced at the two's soaking attires before lighting up with an idea. "Traveller! This is the perfect opportunity to test out your anemo powers!" She clapped her hands.