shenanigans

the clattering of pans on pans jolted thomas and newt awake.  thomas pulled newt closer towards him and shut his eyes from the sun. he lay there for a moment. the rays peeking through the blinds warming his back softly. an odd amount of stillness over the two

"love birds"

frypan sung and he burst into their room. shattering the still scene.

"breakfast. thomas get your lazy ass up- hey newt"

thomas threw a pillow in his general direction and buried his face in newts neck. mumbling insults at the other. newt chuckled lightly.

"hey fry"
he responded

"i'll drag you out of your boyfriends embrace if you're not up in five."

he threatened before slamming the door. thomas groaned loudly and reluctantly heaved himself out of the bed. newt smiled at his dramatic antics and stayed in bed as thomas got changed.

"you not coming down with me?"

he asked looking over his shoulder. newt shook his head with a grin. thomas rolled his eyes and  pulled a dark blue t shirt over his head. he rubbed his eyes- still a little sleepy then after kissing newts cheek he left- promising to save some breakfast for him.

thomas walked into the kitchen and was instantly surrounded by sounds and bickering.

"gally put the batter down right now or so help me"

"what? you're gonna hit me with that little spoon. i'd like to see you-"

WACK

" what the shuck? WHY"

a chorus of laughter echoed round the room. minho snuck behind thomas and leapt onto his back.

"hey greenie. fancy seeing you"

he teased rubbing his head.

"minho don't be an ass."
he laughed shoving him off his back.
they managed to get everyone seated before thomas stood up again- he made two cups of tea and stole a plate of food before brining it to newt. he heard shouts of protest from the kitchen along the lines of

"how come no one else gets breakfast in bed. this is so not fair"

he chuckled and opened the door carefully before setting the plate down on the bedside table.

"ugh. i love you so much more when you have tea in your hand"
newt praised, snatching the drink out of thomas' outstretched hand.

thomas grinned and left again, closing the door carefully before jogging back down stairs to have his own.

the morning was filled with jokes and jabs, lightheartedly teasing each other and friendly punches. afterwards- like every time thomas came back- he and minho went for a run and to talk.

"i'm gonna marry him yknow"

thomas informed him as they ran beside an ebbing creek.

"no shucking way. with a haribo ring?"
minho snorted giving him a light push.

"you're just jealous"
thomas teased shoving minho back.
minho laughed and grinned at him- a evil glint in his eye- before putting all his body weight into his shoulder sending thomas toppling  into the creek with a splash of water.

minho burst into a fit of laughter till his stomach hurt as thomas slowly rose from the water he looked fuming but his demeanour soon changed as a sinsister smirk settled on the drenched man's face. he stared coldly at minho.