013

“the young knights and nun.”

     “THIS WAS SUPPOSED MY VACATION!

THE ANGRY PROFESSOR told her friend Crepus, throwing an accused finger at him. He was holding both of his sons in front of her and the Gunnhildr sisters, throwing a guilty smile at her. They were currently outside her mansion, conversing...

     "I know, (Name), but I have an important job to do overseas. Please take care of my children and these girls," the red-headed male favored. The young professor twitched an eyebrow, annoyed by his sweet nothings, "I can assure you it'll take two days only and I'll retrieve them from you. Right now, I'm in a rush—"

    "Why not take them with you?" She suggested, staring at the children beneath her. "They're holding unto you for dear life, too."

     "Uncle Crepus, she's scary..." The one with the ponytail told the elder Ragnvindr, earning an annoyed vein mark from (Name). "Can we go with you?"

     "It's too dangerous for you, Jean. Best to stay with Grandma (Name)," Crepus told the young Gunnhildr as he patted her little head. "She'll take care of you—"

     The so-called Grandma smacked Crepus's head, pissed off from the way he addressed her, "I'M STILL YOUNG, SHUT UP! DON'T CALL ME A GRANDMA! I'M YOUNGER THAN YOU!" She yelled, annoyed. "That's it, I'm not watching those kids. Take them with you for all I care."

The Ragnvindr family has been a good friend of (Name), well kind of. Ever since Crepus have a child (followed by his wife's passing), he's been a bit too close with the professor. Makes him a target of the Fatui as they watched the scene unfold in front of them...

     (Name) huffed when the younger blonde took her pants, tugging them as she gave her puppy eyes, "Oh. Don't look at me with that, pup. That's not gonna work," she told her while pushing the face of the said blonde. "Crepus, I swear to the Anemo Archon, I'll make you follow your wife."

     "(Name), I promise this'll be quick. I'll give you a year's worth of wines in exchange, what do you think?" Crepus offered, shaking his friend's arms. She rolled her eyes in response, making him take that she agrees to it, "Goodness. Thank you so much, (Name)! You're the best!"

     "It better be the red wine ones or else I'll throw you off the cliff," she threatened while opening her door to let the kids enter. "You better be quick."

     "Yes, yes. I'll be quick, I promise."

She shut the door behind her, slamming it before the elder Ragnvindr. The kids were amazed by her house's design—one is touching her aquarium, another was looking at the displayed designs from the De Vil Corporation, and two of them jumped up and down on her couch...

     "And who gave you permission to do that in my house?" She asked, her riding crop smacked against her palm while staring at the kids. She was glaring at them, "Sit on the floor. NOW!"

     "YES, MA'AM!"

     "Kids..." She murmured, staring at their small figures. "I wonder how your parents feel you're in a stranger's house, honestly."

     "Papa knows you, so we don't need to worry about it!" The young blue-haired chortled, smiling brightly at the woman. He flinched when she glared in his direction, "I AM SO SORRY! I'LL SHUT UP, MA'AM!" He panicked, immediately looking below him.

     (Name) scoffed, "What's your name?"

     "Um... Me?" The blue-haired child pointed at him, earning another glare from her. "I AM KAEYA ALBERICH, MA'AM! NICE TO MEET YOU!" He exclaimed, bowing repeatedly.

     "You remind me of someone. Ugh, I hate him," she grumbled at the sight of a younger version of Pierro—she just wish this child and the first Harbinger isn't related. "How about you two? I know this red-haired child, probably the son of Crepus. I don't know you, girls, so it best to introduce yourself."

     "I'm Jean, Ma'am. And this is my sister, Barbara," the older blonde introduced themselves. Barbara was scared of (Name), hiding behind her sister, "We're grateful you let us in your home."

     She crossed her arms, "I'm doing this because your Uncle Crepus offered a year's worth of wine. Don't be like him you two!" She pointed at the younger boys, not wanting them to be like their arrogant father. "I don't know why he got a wife in the first place, but congrats he got one."

     "Don't talk bad to Papa like that," the younger Ragnvindr murmured.

     "Sure, pup. I still hate your father though," the woman uttered before turning her heels.

Diluc was angry and ran behind her, ready to punch her. Before he could even touch her, a leash appeared around his neck and a wave of water held him on the floor. Kaeya gasped and ran to his brother's aid, trying to remove the leash around his neck...

     "Okay, pup. Listen here," she said. Her tone was firmer than it is earlier, "Crepus and I might be good friends, but I'm sure you noticed we're not on great terms. Do be wise before attacking me."

     "She's hot..."

     She turned her head, "Who the fuck was that?"

Diluc wasn't pleased with his dad's friend, constantly ignoring her calls. Kaeya, on the other hand, was amazed by her and her skills. Barbara and Jean were silently tailing her to observe her skills in sewing...

     "Come here, Barbara. I need you real quick," she beckoned her—her hand making a waving motion. The young Barbara went towards her and followed by a measuring tape wrapping her waist, "Let's see... 15 for the waist... 13 for the hips..."

     "My favorite color is pink," the young Pegg (Barbara's last name) told her all of the sudden. (Name) raised an eyebrow at her, making her flinch, "I'll shut up, Ma'am!"

     "No, it's alright. I'm just thinking if I have a children size of a pink dress," the fashion designer uttered and approached the wardrobe young Barbara was looking at. The others were awed at her works, seemingly interested, "Ah! Found three pink dresses here," she snapped and pulled three hangers to show them to the nun.

     Barbara clapped her hands, choosing one that pleased her eyes, "Um... Can I have all of these?" She asked.

     "Sure, sure. I don't have children anyway," (Name) allowed while making an uncaring motion of her hand. "How about you, Jean? What color do you like?"

     Jean flinched when her name was called, "No need to, Auntie (Name). I'm contented with the clothes I have back home," she assured.

     (Name) huffed, "Lying won't help you. I see you looking at my aquarium earlier," she pointed out. Jean was flustered when she was caught, guilty from the keen eyes of the dog-loving professor, "Do you like to have a pet or something?"

     "Why do you look like Pantalone?" (Name) asked the cashier, pinching her chin as she observed him. His hair was in a ponytail and a mustache, very unlikely to be the harbinger, "Eh. I don't think he has any facial hair, so I don't think you're him either..." She murmured. (n/a: it was Pantalone.)

     "Auntie (Name)! Auntie (Name)! Look, look!" Jean chortled, showing off the pet she chose. It was a turtle, "Isn't it cute?"

     (Name) flinched, knowing the turtle pets cost a fortune, "Uh... It is cute," she nervously remarked. She took the cashier's collar, "How much is the turtle?"

     "Thirty thousand mora, Ma'am!"

     She sighed, "Alright. I'll order—"

     "Auntie (Name), Diluc also got a turtle!"

(Name) twitched an eyebrow, knowing these children will be the cause of her bankruptcy...

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

デイヴィス