018

gnosis (no sis)

— (RETURN TO THE ACTUAL TIMELINE, BEFORE MONDSTAT'S ARCHON QUEST)

     “YOUR GRACE, YOU CALLED FOR ME?”

THE DIVA OF SNEZHNAYA questioned, peeking her head from behind the Tsaritsa's room. The Cryo Archon was sitting on the table, a chessboard and a chair opposite her. The divine being smiled softly before stretching her arm towards the vacant seat...

     "Yes, I did. Come sit," the Goddess beckoned. She can sense the hesitation from reading (Name)'s body language, making her chuckle, "No need to be stubborn around me. I'm not my Allogene, nor any children you can grow irritated with... You and I shall have a peaceful conversation."

     "Knowing you for almost ten years, Your Grace, I don't think there's peace in your palace. Chaos and rampages are seen everywhere," the diva sighed before entering and eventually closing the door. She sat at the appointed seat, rather reluctantly, "... So, what are your reason behind your call?"

     In a swift movement, chess pieces made out of ice appeared on the chessboard, "I was gonna call you to find the missing chess pieces (cue for a twitch of the diva's eyebrows). However, our conversation time might go to waste..." She sighed. There was a difference between the two sets, one is grayish and one is clear, "I hope you know how to play chess."

     (Name) huffed, "Of course. Even though I'm a former Sage who's handling the elemental traces of this world," she uttered. "What's the connection of this game to our conversation, Your Grace?" She questioned, moving one of the horses. (n/a: former Sage of Spantamad and Lisa knows her.)

     The Cryo Archon hummed before moving a pawn from her set, "As you may know... Multiple meetings are held during these past few days, considering I have told them something. You already noticed the change in their behavior, don't they?" She said while looking at the confused assistant. "Oh? You still don't get it?"

     (Name) moved a pawn, in front of a rook, "I'm afraid I admit it... I'm confused about what's up with your problem children's cautious actions these days. Childe couldn't stop talking to the agents dispatched to Liyue while Scaramouche and Dottore are talking about establishing a god..." She murmured. She then noticed a strange piece among the Tsaritsa, "Is that your gnosis?"

     "Even though you don't possess the knowledge of something basic, you're a keen professor. Well, I'm not surprised you're aware of these..." The Tsaritsa took her gnosis and placed her as a Queen on the chessboard. "I'm planning to overthrow the ruler of Celestia."

     (Name) raised her head to stare at the cold gaze the Tsaritsa was giving her, "... For years I've been serving you, I never thought your someone to act rashly. Overthrowing Celestia is something else for they hold something more powerful than us," she remarked. The Goddess smirked at her, while the diva clicked her tongue, "The gods of the elements of this world are worshipped. False gods, if I say so myself."

After searching history books relating to Celestia (using her connections to the Fatui and the Akademiya as their former Sage), she has known that the heavenly place for those who have passed isn't so heavenly. The cruel judgment laid upon now non-existing God-less region 500 years ago was inhumane...

     "To overthrow the ruler of Celestia, I need to obtain every gnosis from other regions. I have dispatched the other harbingers to hunt the disguised gods from every region," the Tsaritsa uttered. "Not all of the gods are against this propaganda... Barbatos and I are good friends before, so I'm sure he'll understand this woe of the Snow Goddess." She chuckled before moving another pawn.

     "Let me guess, you strike a deal with Liyue's Rex Lapis, didn't you?" (Name) continued before releasing a rook from its confinement.

     "Wise as ever, but it's the other way around. He proposed to have a deal with me years ago," the Cryo Archon hummed and moved her horse. "He wants the region of his to be independent—he wants them to be strong without their God during a war."

     "And?"

     "As you may know, the real Electro Archon is in the Plane of Euthymia. As per the Balladeer's explanation, another puppet replaced him as the ruler of Inazuma," the Tsaritsa remarked. "We're unaware where the electro gnosis is at the moment, but if we just cause another problem then maybe... It'll appear before us."

     (Name) sighed, "As expected from the Cryo Archon."

     "Now, now... You're an important pawn in this game," the Goddess smirked while holding the pawn in front of her gnosis. "You are my important pawn. You hold the knowledge that some don't have and you can tame the harbingers with ease."

     "It's because I hold an authority."

     "You also possess a strength almost similar to them. Do you remember the time I tried to convince you as the twelfth harbinger, but you denied it?" The Tsaritsa questioned. "I know you're useful as my subjects, but then again, I do respect your choice to stay in your position as their assistant."

Ah yes. Once she stepped foot within the Archon's chambers, she was interrogated about both her personal life and capabilities. She wasn't promoted as the Sage of one of Akademiya's prestigious schools for nothing. She was offered a lot of opportunities, including being the Head Sage—she refused for she couldn't hold the fact Sumeru Akademiya has their God locked up in the Sanctuary of Surasthana...

     "Sumeru, on the other hand, has the Akasha. We both know the tree possesses the gnosis of the Dendro Archon," she continued. "However, it's not Rukkhadevata that rules the land of Wisdom. Lesser Lord Kusanali was it?"

     "Indeed."

     "You seem displeased from the name—"

     (Name) just crossed her arms, "No. It's just I couldn't face the Dendro Archon. I'm aware she's locked in that wretched prison, but I kept a blind eye for I'm no match against five Sages," she uttered.

     "I understand that, but it's none of your concern now, so why are you still worrying about the goddess of Sumeru?" The Cryo Archon questioned, pushing the gnosis to finally checkmate the set of her trusty assistant. "I'm leaving the rest of the plans on you and the Harbingers now. Take care."

     Dottore clicked his tongue, "She seriously didn't put you in charge."

     "Oh, she just did. Now shut up, motherfucker," (Name) spat before entering the meeting room. "I'm sure you're aware why I called you all here."

     "Obviously, no."

     "..."

     "Dottore, get out."

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

デイヴィス