Chapter One: Welcome to the Island!

Y/n Pov

The sun was shining and hot, so I was glad I put on sunscreen. People with TV cameras were swarming everywhere getting things setup for the first day. I was sitting on the boat by the dock watching the palm trees swish in the breeze, trying to hold my hair down.

There were four other girls on the boat with me, and I tried not to say anything out loud yet. We had to make sure we saved everything for the show so that it would be interesting. I had a medium-sized following on Twitch, and they were all super-supportive of me coming here. Paradise Island would be such a cool TV show, featuring large content creators as a dating contest. The people weren't revealed yet, but looking at the other girls on the boat I recognized a couple.

One of the girls to my right had purple hair and that ever-so-familiar laugh. JustaMinx! I hadn't watched her much, but I felt most people know who she is. (Everyone is always begging for her, so here ya go) Sitting beside her was Nihachu, and I mean, how could you not know who Nikki is? Her hair was half-blonde and half-black, a wide grin spread across her face.

Glancing around, I noticed who wasn't a streamer. On both sides, the men and the womens, one person wasn't a content creator. On our side, she had curly reddish-brown hair, and a necklace that says, "Jessa" on it. Guess I knew what her name was?

I was beginning to get impatient waiting, the temperature was scolding and I was dying to go inside of the comfortable air-conditioned building on the island. Towards the back of the boat was my final "competitor." She had a bright look in her eyes, yet a bored expression on her face. She was taking a picture of the ocean view, and I didn't recognize her for a second. Oh wait- Pokimane! (People keep pleading for me to include her too, so here)

Finally, the director walked onto the boat. He had black hair, brown eyes, and the typical studio producer charismatic look. I waved a simple hello, and he nodded back. He had a headset with a small microphone going towards his mouth. The director was also the narrator, and stood at the back of the boat on a chair. All of us turned to face him, the waves rippling and rocking the boat catching him off-guard, I noticed that Jessa almost laughed.

The cameras were finally rolling, and he shouted almost to the high-heavens, "Welcome to Paradise Island my fellow content-creators! Today we'll be seeing who picks who to love and meet on the first date! The boys have already been introduced, so ladies, give it a shot!" He signaled to the camera-man who got a close up of Jessa.

"Hello everyone!" She had such a sweet voice it was on the edge of sounding fake, "My name is Jessa, as you can see from my necklace!" She held it up, "And it's lovely to meet you all! I've truthfully never been on camera like this before!" A cue-card was jammed into her face, "My type? Uh let's see..." She paused, "I guess somebody who is funny and can make me laugh. All the basic qualities of somebody nice, and well, as for what they look like, I could care less! I like a nice smile, though."

"Quite the charmer," I heard Minx say, and I almost laughed at her remark. I saw Jessa frown though, and I tried not to show a reaction.

Pokimane was next, and she said, "It's amazing for the opportunity here! I'm glad to get to know everyone! Even if I don't find love here, it'll still be a great experience! I think somebody who can share my hobbies with me is really attractive."

Nihachu had her turn, and she exclaimed, "This feels so surreal! Honestly, dating was the last thing on my mind until my friend gave me the opportunity to be here," She waved at the producer, "Chase is really such a good friend."

So Chase was his name? It felt a bit generic and unflashy for a person creating a TV show, but who was I to judge? I'd only been offered a role because they ran out of people and I was available.