Chapter Seven: Crumbling

"The show is crumbling! It was one thing losing Jessa and Angelo, but now JustaMinx?" Chase was in a panic, "If we keep it up at this rate, there won't be another episode!" He flung some documents around, "We only have enough filmed for half of the fourth episode. The schedule is going haywire!"

"So?" The writer asked him, "We just come up with another challenge!" She snapped her fingers together a few times, "I know! A physical activity, like swimming!"

"Any more ideas?" He looked at us, "You guys are content creators, do you have any suggestions?"

"Maybe we could-" Pokimane started, "Try the date thing again?"

"We have an odd number of people though," Nikki sighed gently.

"Screw the realism," Chase finally concluded, "Bring in the real actors. Oh, and the stunt doubles!" A bunch of professional actors rushed into the scene just a minx later, (See what I did there?) and some makeup artists made them look like us.

"We're going to make the second half of episode four, a motorcycling challenge!" I frowned, he couldn't actually be serious? Wilbur opened his mouth to ask a question, but was interrupted by a bunch of brand-new vehicles brought into the living room.

"Stay in your bedrooms," Chase ordered, "We have actual filming to do." Almost herded into the rooms, we watched out the windows as an entire stunt course was being set up. Surely this was some kind of prank by Tommy to throw us out of balance? Speak of the devil and he appears, Tom ran into our room out of breath.

"Women!" He shrieked, "What's going on out there? I wasn't informed of this, AHHHHH!" The sound of roaring cycles powered up as people who barely looked like us started riding. At one point, "Pokimanes'" bike blew up and she went flying.

"It's all happening so fast!" Quackity suddenly entered the room.

"Get out," Poki ordered. "You too Tommy." She shoved them out the door so they could go back to the men's room and sighed, muttering something under her breath.

"Geez slay queen," I said.

It had been hours before we were officially let out, and we were like bewildered animals. Dream looked tired as hell, likely because the noise of all the bikes and shouting kept him awake. Poor Tommy looked traumatized, and Schlatt just looked bored. Wilbur and Quackity were not saying anything; clearly everyone was as dead inside as the girls.

"Maybe we should all just leave the show." Quackity suggested, "Its obvious we aren't needed here anymore."

"We've only been here two weeks though-" I sighed, "What about the contract?"

"Well they aren't fulfilling their half!" He argued. Everyone started a commotion and Chase entered the room.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to announce something," All the other contestants gathered around him as he stood on the coffee table. There weren't even any camera crew, so why be this dramatic? "If you would like to end your contract, I will permit it and your name will be removed from the show." Even myself had been doubting what we were doing here, so alas I signed the paperwork.

I'd made some good friends, and I felt satisfied knowing Paradise Island had given me the opportunity to find new people; even if it didn't all work out in the end. Who knows, maybe for Season Two they'd invite me back and things would run more smoothly?

The next day we had all our bags packed and left for the nearest city. After boarding the boat, we all exchanged numbers and socials. Something told me that my streaming career would be really bumped up after this.

At the airport, there was one person I wanted to especially say goodbye too. I knew it would be a long time before we'd see each other again.

"Dream."

"U/n."

"I think out of everyone I'm going to miss you the most. It's different, y'know?" I said.

"Yeah," He smiled, "Call me when you get home, since your flights longer than mine." Clay pulled me close and interlocked his lips with mine. For a moment my heart stopped; and then it shattered. It would be a long time. It would truly be a long time.

"Talk to you soon," I giggled. The flight home was long and boring, but at least I didn't get a migraine. That tended to happen when I rode on planes. After just two weeks my house seemed oddly unfamiliar, its tiny curtains, the gaming room, my bed. Nonetheless it was also oddly comforting to be home.

I switched on the TV and watched a random show. It was too early to go to sleep, just 7:00, and I had a lot of streaming to do the next day. I had to catch everyone up on where my life was at, how I was doing, etc. Suddenly I saw Paradise Island as an option to watch. I called Dream and we chatted, waiting for Episode Four to air.

"Oh look, look it's starting!" We watched it together, and absolutely burst out laughing when we saw all the names had been changed and the people didn't look remotely similar to us.

"It was destined to fail," Clay joked.

"Unlike us," I whispered just quiet enough he couldn't hear. Unlike us. Something about those two words made my stomach do somersaults. We talked for hours after that, us finally passing out at 3 am from exhaustion and sleeping on call together. It was oddly peaceful, in a way. Our relationship was definitely moving along pretty fast, but that was probably a Gen Z thing or something. That's what my parents always said anyway.

The next morning my phone had auto-disconnected because it overheated. I sighed and ate some breakfast, then turned on my stream. It filled up pretty quickly and I started playing Roblox and answering questions. My parkour skills were getting better. After playing "Tower of Hell" I noticed somebody had raided my stream. Dream? That was oddly nice of him. I read out some donations and wrapped it up with a little bit of Minecraft and thanked some subs. After that I joined another stream on the Dream Smp and helped Nikki build her new Season Two bakery. It had been really nice that they'd let me join. Despite Paradise Island being a weird disaster, it had been the best mistake of my life.

-------------------------------------

1067 Words! Don't worry, Chase and Paradise Island will make a reappearance. Please remember to stay hydrated, vote, and follow! Thanks for 600 followers!