Chapter Eight: Love or Host

I received a ding on my phone mid-stream. I excused myself for a second and saw the message was from Nikki, asking me if I was going to participate in Dreams' Love or Host. So far our fans didn't know that we were vibing with each other, so maybe this would be an opportunity to reveal a little bit? I sent a message to Dream asking if he was alright with me joining and continued to play Skyblock with Techno. (Rest in peace, he lives here rent-free and alive in my head).

Shortly after the stream was over, I checked my phone and saw that Clay had replied. "Sure I don't mind, wanna call and talk about it later though?" Deciding to wing-it, I pressed the large green call button. Holding my breath, I listened as it dialed once, then twice.

"Hey," He answered.

"Oh hi," I hadn't expected him to pick up, "You wanted to discuss the Love or Host?" I quickly thought out my words, "It's alright if you don't want me there, I mean it's not like we're um, dating or anything-" Oh shit Y/n, why did you have to be so weird all the time?

"Actually, I want you to be there." He chuckled, "I just thought I would tell you the times and how to join. I prefer speaking over text," I heard him shuffle some papers around, "Okay so it's in two days. Your time would be," Clay typed something, "4:30 PM. Definitely a little late, but do you think you'll be able to make it?"

"Yeah that's fine," I agreed, "Am I in the Discord Server already?" I glanced down, "Oh yah I already joined haha. See you then?"

"Sounds good!" We then hung up the phone. A fuzzy feeling came to my cheeks, why did it feel like I was on cloud nine? Blissfully I went outside to get some fresh air. For England it was actually a really warm day, a few gentle clouds drifting across the sky. Kids were playing and parents were shouting at them to not run into the roads. The smell of coffee from the local cafe floated down the small streets, and loud music played from a picnic in my neighbors front yard. I'd only recently moved here, but I knew that family already. It was a family of four, Mrs. and Mr. Johanson, and their twins Cynthia and Amber. I waved at them as I passed by. There wasn't any particular place I was going, and that was just fine.

I thought I would take a stroll to the local park and feed the pigeons. It was about a twenty-minute walk, but I wasn't in a hurry to get anywhere. Suddenly it happened. I met my first ever irl fan.

"Oh my gosh are you U/n?" I stopped dead in my tracks. Turning around I saw a girl around my age, smile plastered on her face. "I'm a big fan, I've been following you for two years now, omg can I get a picture with you?"

"Of course!" I made the peace sign and she got a few photos.

"My friends are absolutely going to FREAK out!" She squealed, "I'm Natalie, and of course your Y/n. I'm visiting from Arizona, but it's crazy I actually ran into you. My friends told me not to get my hopes up, yet here we are! Can I ask you a question?"

"Uh yeah, what did you want to ask?" I was still startled from her sneaking up behind me, and I was trying to be polite. Natlie was clearly full of energy.

"Okay, what happened on Paradise Island?"

"A bunch of imposters," I joked, "Let's just say... They replaced us."

"That's so cool!" An alarm suddenly went off and she checked her phone, "I'm gonna miss my bus! Okay bye Y/n I can't believe I met you!" She waved me goodbye and rushed down the street. That was certainly an experience to remember! I went onto my Twitter and posted a message saying, "Just met my first ever IRL fan! Shout-out to Natalie!"

I went to the park and bought some bread from a local bakery. A cluster of hungry birds gathered around me, and since you were allowed to feed the birds I gave them all a generous amount of food. After that I was tired, so I took a taxi home even though I could've easily walked back.

The rest of the day I scrolled through my fanart, making sure to reply on as many as possible. Sleep came easily, and the next day I played in Fundy's new video, which was a sort of gameshow.

It was now the day of Dreams' love or host. I recalled Paradise Island, and remembered that it was supposed to be in Episode Five. To be quite honest with you, I wondered why they had really kicked us off the show. It was so strange and sudden, it was unusual.

I clicked onto the Discord Call at long last. Glancing around I noticed who was in the call. It was me, Nikki, Pokimane, Jessa?? And... JustaMinx.

"Hey girlie!" Jessa grinned, "It's sooo nice to be here with you again Y/n. May the best win." Nervousness now struck me. Why was she invited here? I mean, Jess wasn't exactly camera-shy, but she certainly didn't like the spotlight.

Clay finally joined the call, George and Sapnap were in the background of his video, helping him with the lighting and such. "Hello everyone! Who is ready for Love or Host?" Schlatt joined the call, "Alright motherfuckers, let's start this damn game I've been waiting forever."

"He's directing?" I heard Poki grumble, and I snickered.

Round One: Speed-Questions

"Favorite color, go!" Schlatt yelled.

Dream replied, "Green."

"F/c," I said instantly.

"Point to Y/n for answering quickly!" Schlatt laughed. Dream winked at me and my stomach erupted with butterflies. Jesus, pull yourself together girl! This round the person with the least points would be kicked.

"Ok," Schlatt said. "Favorite animal, Dream?"

"Cats," He replied, "Because of Patches."

"Everyone reply, GO!"

"MINXES!" JustaMinx practically screamed into her mic. My headphones exploded and I literally threw them off. Nihachu burst out laughing. The energy was really nice in this call.

After a few more rounds, Poki ended up in last. I was getting the vibes she didn't particularly care about. It turned out that she'd chosen "Host." Dramatic gasping noises from everyone, and a moment later she left the call. There would be four more rounds after this. Yikes. It was already 5:25, how had we spent 45 minutes on just one round? Nonetheless I couldn't wait to finish this and win.

------------------------------------------

1,116 Words. The grind for the word-count and all the grammatical editing afterwards is seriously draining me lol. I am going to break the Love or Host up into the next chapter. Follow to stay tuned, vote to give me motivation, and comment your thoughts! <3