Chapter Six: Balloons and Cooking

There was a bit of awkwardness between the two of us, but I tried to distract myself. Sure I'd had feelings for him back when we were kids, but that was all gone now. I tried to busy myself in streaming and swimming in the ocean away from everyone else; or more specifically away from Tommy.

I was relaxing on the warm beach sand, watching the blue waves ripple and crash against the shoreline. The sun was beginning to set, and it was oddly... like paradise. Somebody sat down next to me, and I noticed it was Clay.

"Hey Dream," I joked. The two of us usually called each other by regular names.

"You've been a little distant," He said, "Did I do something wrong?" My face fell, with all the things going on around me I had completely forgotten the whole point of the show.

"Sorry," I said, "I honestly didn't mean to be so distracted. I promise I'm not trying to avoid you, your one of the most genuine people here." I hugged him gently and he hugged me back. The two of us stayed on the beach for a little while, but the sun went down and the wind began to blow. We walked back inside where everyone else was gathered on the sofas' per the usual.

"Ello lovebirds," Quackity joked, and I rolled my eyes. We sat on opposite sides of the room to avoid any suspicion, an unspoken rule between us for the moment.

"Angelo made a post on his Instagram," Nikki mentioned. "He seems to be doing alright, although he didn't particularly want off the show. It's really a shame things worked out that way."

Wilbur shrugged, "Why do you care so much about him anyway?" Was that a hint of... jealousy? Surely I was just imagining things? They would make a nice couple, I pondered, the two of them. I noticed their little smiles to each other in the hallways, the occasional compliments. Maybe I wasn't the only one shifting from subs to... well maybe not love- but interest.

"When is Chase going to do another event?" Minx was busy painting her nails and making a mess all over the Italian yarn fabric. We were all expecting his grand entrance right at that moment, him to appear and announce a much-anticipated activity. Yet, there was nothing. Come to think of it, we hadn't heard anything from him all day.

Tommy suddenly entered the room, a hundred blown-up balloons were trailing behind him. There it was, the chaos we had been promised upon his arrival. The boys blonde hair was messy and he seemed tired, probably from blowing up all those balloons.

"What are all those for?" Poki asked quizzically. His familiar grin explained it all.

"These will be launched into the sky!" The camera crew appeared like always. Tommy lead the rest of us outside, writing something on a piece of paper and tying it to one of the balloons. He launched into the air, it sailing high and far out of sight.

"What was all that?" I asked, and he sighed.

"Isn't it obvious? You make a wish about your crush and send it away. You each get three wishes, and all of them will come true." He shrugged, "It wasn't my idea, blame Chase for it."

He randomly distributed the inflatable objects to each of us. Dream of course ended up with three green ones, which I'm sure wasn't an accident. Carefully I thought about each of my wishes. They were supposed to be a little cringy.

I wish that Clay and me end up together and happy

I wish that someday I can visit Clay in Florida

I wish that me and Clay can make IRL content together after the show is over

After that I released the balloons at the same time, wondering if he made similar wishes. Mine weren't exactly the most carefully planned, but this was all fake anyway. Tommy applauded, but was clearly a little disappointed the exercise was over so quickly. Next for this episode we were going to do a cooking segment, which wasn't exactly my specialty.

"You can cook whatever you want," Tommy said, pointing to the kitchen. "Y/n and Dream will be competing against each other first!"

"Well I'm out," I joked. I made some box-brownies with M and M's. While they were tasty, Dream's homemade cake completely beat them and I was out on the very first round. Amused, I watched as Poki and Quackity competed neck and neck to make Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches. Pokimane ended up winning because she used more Jelly. Nikki and Dream were next to compete, and she actually ended up winning with her delicious cupcakes, especially since Clay had burned his chocolate chip cookies. The final contestants, Nikki and Poki made spaghetti and ended up tying. In my opinion, if Dream made it to the final round he would've won. Schlatt and Minx were too accident-prone to be allowed to participate, but they were doing their own thing with a child easy-bake oven together.

After the long day, we enjoyed the treats we made, including Dream's burnt cookies, we had some Netflix and Chill. We ended up watching insert/fav show, late into the night. Everyone got to lazy to get up so we all camped out in front of the TV in a mess of pillows and blankets.

I awoke to Clay's arm gently wrapped around me in a warm embrace. I was snuggled up at his side and I saw Nikki giggling to Wilbur, "Awh look their so cute!" My fake heated up but I pretended to be asleep. Dream shifted beside me, and I closed my eyes just as he opened his.

"Oh sorry Y/n-" He paused, thinking I was still asleep. He carefully made his way out of the tangled mess of arms and legs, making sure to kiss me on the cheek before getting a bite to eat. Magically just a moment after he left I awoke, yawning and stretching. My eyes were still adjusting to the light as I brushed my hair and changed my clothes back in the bedroom. I was scrolling through some fanart on my phone when I saw a mysterious figure come through the doorway.

My face tuned ghostly white, what was that? Suddenly the figure turned to me.

"Jesus Minx you scared me," I laughed.

"Do you think Schlatt wished about me?" She blurted out. For a second I didn't know what she meant, but I quickly recalled the day before.

"Uhm, maybe?" I tried to break the news to her calmly, but she started crying and ran to the bathroom to fix her heavy eyeshadow that was now running down her face. There was simply no way to win with that girl.

"You guys!" She suddenly burst into the room again, even though I was the only one there. A few tears were still going down her face, "I'm leaving the show."

--------------------------------------

1168 Words! Thank you so much for reading all the way to this point! Please remember to stay hydrated and grab a snack. I'm posting this extra chapter for you to make up for delay on the last one haha. I didn't have much time to edit, so comment and let me know if I made any  mistakes!

Big thank-you to @Motherinnt for voting on all the chapters! Thank you to everyone else who voted and followed me as well! <3 Aurora