Chapter Five: Love Triangle

Chase started the action early the next morning. Even as a streamer all of this filming was already becoming exhausting. Whenever I thought about Clay a fuzzy feeling warmed my cheeks and my heart. I wasn't looking for love, just the views. Oh why had I begun to feel this way? Surely it was just for the cameras; but we weren't being recorded in there...

I decided to grab my water bottle and went into the shared bedroom. I grabbed the metal can and took a sip while walking, tripping over a ridge in the carpet. Clumsily I fell onto one of the nightstands, knocking everything over. I cursed at myself and began to pick everything up, when I noticed that Jessa I-Pad started to play. At first I paid no attention, but I soon realized something very interesting was playing. Like every reality TV show, Paradise Island was no different; every once in a while they would drag you away for a one-on-one interview. I'd gotten through a couple of them already, but mine weren't particularly exciting. You received a copy of your interviews to watch once the editors were finished so you could approve them, and that's just what was playing on Jess's device.

"I honestly just need Y/n out of the way," Her voice had clearly changed to become more arrogant and sarcastic, "I mean don't get me wrong," She scoffed, "Angelo is alright. He's cute and all that, but money-wise? Clay seems like the kind of fellow who would let me spend alllllll the money in the world." I watched awe-struck as she continued ranting about money and how I needed to be kicked off the show, when suddenly somebody tapped me on the shoulder.

"So you found out?" When I tell you my heart stopped. Jessa stood right behind me, a scarily sweet smile on her face. Her arms were crossed casually like nothing had gone wrong. Jess then continued, "Took you long enough. Never thought you were a snoop though."

"The I-Pad fell," I stared ashamedly at the ground, "It just started autoplaying and-" She snatched the device out of my hands and muttered, "Clutz." Jess shoved it into a desk drawer and took out her suitcase, shoving her belongings into it.

"Wh- what are you doing?" I swallowed. I wouldn't consider her dangerous by any means, but she could look really threatening if it came down to it. The girl rolled her eyes and said nothing. Twenty minutes later and she was off the show.

"Why'd she leave?" Quackity asked me later, puzzled. Were there any words to describe what I'd done? She'd left the show, and now it was probably doomed thanks to me. If only I just turned it off everything would have been fine, but nooooo-

"I think you did the right thing," Nikki spoke softly. I'd already explained the situation to the girls, but I knew that I might get kicked for something like this. Chase surely wouldn't be happy that his secret behind-the-scenes drama queen decided to leave because of me. And just when I was getting comfortable here too.

Suddenly the producer walked into the living room, a grin on his face. He cleared his throat and signaled for the cameras to roll, loudly he announced, "It appears a non-influencer can't fit in with the content creators! That experiment is closed, so Angelo packs your bags." The crowd gasped, including myself as he was escorted silly to grab his things. Obviously he hadn't even been informed he was leaving from the solemn look on his face.

Minx shouted, "Who's gonna replace them?!?" But Chase shrugged and left the room. What on earth had just happened? Talk about drama, this was already chaos! Not even two weeks into the retreat and Shellac and Minx were at each other's throats, two people had left the show, and the subs weren't exactly rolling in at the moment. What was the point of all this?!? I sighed and left the room to cool down and make a quick stream. My fans were super-supportive of me and my decisions, and I was starting to think it would be best to just leave the show. Besides Clay there was nothing for me here, and the guilt of Jessa and Angelo leaving the show because of me was killing me. Technically I hadn't done anything wrong, but still...

"Hey you alright?" Poki walked into the room, "You know all that was planned right?" I froze. She burst into laughter, "Y/n almost everything is scripted! Your reaction was priceless though."

The two of us burst into laughter. Maybe instead of focusing on the money I should actually try to spend some time with everyone else. Didn't want to turn into Jessa, after all...

Two days passed and we were finally starting to have some fun. I was getting to know everyone really well; and while we were still a month away from leaving Paradise Island, we were already making plans and arrangements to meet up with each other afterwards.

"Ok we're going to end the show right after this," Chase said.

"A BRAND NEW MEMBER IS ENTERING THE SHOW!" Huh, it looks like they decided to cash out some money and invest into an actual narrator. The voice continued, "Everyone please meet," Drumroll... WAIT NEW MEMBER?? The drumroll ended, "TommyInnit!"

Oh fuck no.

You see, the two of us had a certain history. Before I started my own channel I was on his, and let's just say we used to be a little more than friends. He was fifteen and I was seventeen back in the day, but after I started my own channel we drifted apart from each other and he started dating his new girlfriend three years later- wait what was he doing here.

"Hello ladies and gentlemen!" His squeaky voice had become irritating over time, "As you know I have a girlfriend and won't be participating in the events because, well that would kind of be an asshole move." Minx snickered and Tommy continued, "So I'm just here to stir things up and cause chaos, sorry women!" Well. This was going to be interesting.

"Y/n?" He seemed confused when he saw me.

"Hey."

--------------------------------------------------

1038 Words! I'm trying to post more often but editing this stuff is... interesting for sure. 😅 Honestly between schoolwork and everything, publishing a chapter every four days is pretty good. Much love, Aurora! Please follow to stay tuned for the next chapt