Chapter Three: The "Romantic" Date

"Welcome to Episode Two of Paradise Island!" Chase shouted into the microphone, "It's been a week since you've last seen our contestants, but for them it's simply the next day! As a quick recap, they are going on their first ever dates with each other after being randomly paired up! Today's couples are... Quackity and Nikki!" The two stood next to each other and waved, Nihachu had a really pretty white dress on.

The producer continued his rant, "And of course we have Y/n going on a date with special guest Dream!" I awkwardly smiled while the director didn't skip a beat, "Wilbur and Pokimane are the third couple! As for the fourth couple, fan-favorites Jschlatt and JustaMinx will be spending this fabulous evening together!" The two were still glaring at each other. Chase cleared his throat, "And last but not least, our two non-creators, Jessa and Angelo will be having dinner together! The five couples will be starting their journey on the super romantic boat ride! There are five sets of seats, accompanied by three boats with fairy-lights! The seats are made of the same Italian yarn as the living room sofas, and an on-board snack bar will be on the main ship! Our contestants must be so excited!" The ten of us boredly got onto the boat, and I took a seat next to Dream. My black dress was really tight and I felt like I was suffocating, but it was much too late now. The dress-coordinators must've messed up on my size or something, because I was absolutely dying.

"You look really nice tonight," I complimented Dream. He had a green-suit on (Plz tell me that's a real thing) probably to match his usual persona. His bubbly attitude had so far persisted throughout the entire event, unlike... some people.

Clay opened his mouth to reply when suddenly we heard shouting. At this point, we were used to Schlatt and Minx's bickering. They were starting to become less amusing now, and more.... plain annoying.

"SHUT UP YOU LTTLE FUCKER!" Jschlatt yelled, and before we knew it JustaMinx ended up at the back of the boat in tears.

"How dare you speak to me that way? Watch me, I can be my own girlbo-" The boat hit a small wave and she tripped over her right heel. She let out a scream and toppled right over the edge. I guess trouble and Minx were attracted to each other. Jschlatt couldn't stop hysterically laughing and began to become deflated from laughing so hard. He was leaning on one of the railings when it suddenly gave away and he too fell into the sea. At this time of night the water had to be twenty degrees (can't freeze because of salt obviously) and it certainly couldn't have been a fun experience.

After a few minutes, they were able to save the chaotic duo shivering and cursing at each other. Needless to say the slightly romantic air was completely gone and we went back to the main island wordlessly. The show at this point was ruined.

"We may have to remove them from the show," I overheard Chase talking to a camera-man, "Those two are costing us an absolute FORTUNE! The audience seems to like them though, and if they're gone we'll lose all the viewers!"

I felt bad for the producer, he really had tried his hardest to make this a success. Nothing would hurt their reputation, but the start of Chase's career could be gone from something like this. He'd invested a lot of his own money into the setup of Paradise Island.

"But who would we replace them with?" Another camera operator but-in. Chase frowned and left, and I began to wonder if this show would exist in a couple of days; things clearly weren't going well.

I walked back into the building and saw Dream had cooked some spaghetti. My belly rumbled, it sure did smell good, and from the looks of it the food was almost done cooking. At this point my mouth was watering as he plated a bowl of the hot spaghetti. He then turned to me with a smile.

"Are you just going to stand there and watch, or are you going to join me?" I blushed slightly and scooped some for myself, joining him a moment later. Politely I smiled and thanked him, then delicately ate a small bite to not burn myself. Surprisingly it was the perfect temperature, and the spices exploded in my mouth. The flavor was immaculate!

"It's amazing!" I exclaimed, "You could be an actual chef Clay." He chuckled in response, already halfway through the meal.

"Well I don't know about that," He said, "But I must admit this is the finest I've ever done," He ate another bite and swallowed. "What do you think about the whole island so far? It's quite beautiful."

"It is paradise," I giggled, "Hopefully nothing goes wrong with the show." I sighed, a bit crestfallen now.

"What's going on with the show?" Dream questioned.

"Minx and Schlatt are causing all kinds of problems," I replied, "So they have to take them off the air...." I paused to build suspense, "Which means the whole show could go off."

"Not good news," He replied, "I set aside my whole summer for this. From the sounds of it we might have to be the ones to save the day!" He gasped dramatically, "Or- we could just let the professionals handle it."

I rolled my eyes playfully, "You do have a point there." I glanced towards the table uneasily, "There's money at stake though; it feels weird to just sit back and let life play out. I mean," I stared up at Clay, "The subs have to be earned somehow."

"But it's not like we can do anything," He said calmly, "But you're pretty cool Y/n, hit me up back home and we can do a stream together. If push comes to shove and the show ends I'll find a way to get you that money."

I snickered, "Thanks ol' pal." I brought my dish over to the sink, "For the food too." I grabbed my bag and headed towards the bedroom, "See you tomorrow."

"See you then!" He waved me goodbye and I went into the room. Prepared for a quiet evening with my phone and a relaxing sleep, the lights suddenly came on. Startled, I hopped backwards. On two chairs Minx and Pokimane were glaring at me with their arms crossed, Jessa was standing and staring directly at me, and Nikki was the one who hit the lightswitch. What on earth was going on? Confused, I glanced around the room, but their expressions remained.

My eyes narrowed, "What's going on...?" Jessa grabbed my purse and snapped, "You." She tossed all my belongings on the floor and began to search through them frantically until her hands grabbed a pearl necklace. That wasn't there before- huh?!?

"I told you she stole it!" Her eyes widened, "This was my grandmother's! I can't believe you Y/n, I thought we were okay!" JustaMinx opened her mouth aghast and Jess continued, "I didn't think you took competition so seriously!"

I burst out laughing, "Really? You can't be real!" When nobody else said anything I carried on, "Why would I steal it? There's no motive! I'm sorry I took it, I must've grabbed it by accident earlier or something."

"Don't play dumb!" Pokimane shouted, "Jessa says she saw you near her bag earlier! We already gave you the benefit of the doubt and tore the whole place apart!" She gestured the bedroom in shambles. "Your excuse doesn't even make any sense, it was in her drawer. You're on the other side of the room too."

I shrugged, "That has nothing to do with me. Anyways, it's been returned now, can we just leave this be? I promise you my word, I really had nothing to do with it." I began to panic a little now. I must've grabbed it during the date, or it fell into my bag somehow.

"Maybe she's telling the truth," Nihachu finally had some common sense, "I feel like Y/n wouldn't actually do something like that."

"Thank you!" I exclaimed, and Pokimane replied, "Yeah- I mean maybe we just overreacted a little." Minx uncrossed her arms but began crying again, per the usual. Jessa looked furious and stormed off, so I decided to follow her. She ran into the moonlight of the island and down towards the beach side, throwing the necklace into the sand in her frustration. I kneeled down to pick it up and noticed a tag, Made in China. This was clearly from a gift shop or retail store, but why was she lying about this? Deciding not to pursue, I watched Jess continue to run into the distance. Something was going on, and I was determined to find out.

--------------------------------------

1485 words! I hope your enjoying this book so far, and the drama with Jessa. Please remember to comment, vote, and follow! Much love, Aurora.