photographs~

*a bit earlier*

'...they're writing things about you and your famous boyfriend again'

'We don't know if it's true'

'Which part? The cheating on you or the girl stuff?'

'Father, please'

'Jihye, don't you dare to defend him! He's a cheater!'

'It's just a picture. It could be fake -'

'You know it's not'

Silence. Just the sound of careful breathing distorted through the phone call.

'He's not there with you right now, is he?'

A shaky sigh.

'He's... he's maybe with friends or- or grocery shopping-'

'And he isn't answering the phone, is he?'

'...no'

'You have your answer, Jihye'

'But I know him, he- he would never do that, not to me. Not to me'

'We're sometimes terribly wrong about the people closest to us'

'...I don't know'

'I'm sorry Jihye. Your mother is here, she wants to say something too'

'Hey, mom'

'Jihye. You're coming home to us right now.'

'Mom, no. Let me at least talk with him'

'Talk to him? She wants to talk to him! To do what? Allow him to make you look like a fool? No way'

'Mom, the pictures, the - everything.. that just screams fake to me'

'It's not fake. A mother knows that'

'I'm a mother myself. And I'd say it's fake'

'That's your faith in him speaking. Comes with being in love. I, for my part, have always had a bad feeling with him'

'I know. You weren't exactly shy with your opinion'

'You're coming here right now, Jihye, honey. I won't allow something like this to backfire on our family's name again'

'Dear Lord, what's got our family's name to do with anything?'

'Everything! Remember the time when you got pregnant from him without being married? Everyone would talk about you and how immoral this was and what kind of failure your parenting was-'

'No one said that at all like literally no one- and that's not even what this is about like could you-?'

'Don't you understand Jihye? Ever since you got together with that little princeling of yours there was one bad rumour following the next and everything just threw dirt on our family! Do you wanna say we were bad parents?!'

'Mom, no, of course not, but... you know I love him'

'But does he love you, too?'

'I- I don't know. I mean. Yes?'

'Is that a question or an answer? Maybe take a look at the pictures of him kissing someone else and reconsider'

'It wasn't someone. It was Felix, after all. I think it's nothing that a short talk couldn't clear up. They've known each other for so long already, they're like siblings'