Chapter 1

My 3 years of freedom are coming to an end. 

Beep beep!

I turned off my alarm and checked the time. 9 o'clock. We had 1 week to pack things and say our goodbyes. I stayed in bed a little longer. There was nothing to do. I could just sleep in. I was starting to drift away when my phone went off. It was Kei.

<Hey, we only have 1 week left. Let's go shopping!> 

I was debating whether or not I should go or not go. I decided to go. 

<Sure, when?>

<9:30! Don't be late!!>

<Okay, okay> 

I guess my last week wouldn't be so relaxing as I thought it would be. I took a quick shower and then got ready. It was 9:18. I should head out now. She did say to not be late. 

I walked to the elevator and headed in. It was about to close when a hand stuck in. It was Sudo-kun. 

"Ayanokoji-kun! Where are you going? A date with Karuizawa-san?" 

"Uhh, yeah"

We spent the rest of the ride in silent.

"Bye!"

"Bye"

I checked my phone again. It was 9:21 now. I went to the front of Keyaki Mall and waited. 8 minutes later I saw Kei running.

"I thought I was going to be late!" She said while panting. "Let's go in!" I nodded.

We spent the next couple hours shopping and going to the cafe. I wouldn't say it was boring. It was quite fun. 

The sky was starting to get dark. We decided to go back home now. We went to the building together and I got off at my floor.

"Bye bye! See you tomorrow!"

"Bye, wait, tomorrow?" Before she could respond, the elevator door closed. I sighed. It was going to be a busy week.

This time, I woke up from a text. My guess was that it was Kei. I was correct.

<Let's go to the pool today!>

<Are you going to let me have a break?>

<Nope! This is our last week together!>

<Okay, what time?>

<Same time as yesterday, 9:30>

<Okay>

<See you!>

<Bye>

I ate some breakfast and headed out to the elevators. This time, there was nobody.

I met Kei near the swimming pool and we started to play. We got some ice cream and lunch and then we headed back. Day after day was going by so fast and before I knew it, it was Friday. 

I met Kei at the bottom of the building and we said our final goodbyes. I knew she was trying to act tough but I saw her crying a bit. My freedom was over. I had to go back to the White Room. I really had no choice. I didn't think much of College since there was no way to go.

"Ah, Kiyotaka, you're back. I waited these 3 years for you. Meet your new guards. They will follow you when you go out. No more funny business." It was father. I nodded and started to go to the second floor, my room. Everything was white. Just like the classrooms. I saw young children in those rooms like how I used to be. Of course, I didn't feel any sorrow for them. Back to studying I guess.

"Kiyotaka!" A voice called out. I turned around and saw that it was Yuki. A childhood friend of mine.

"Yuki, hello" 

"Welcome back! Where were you for these 3 years? High school? There were some rumors about you at high school."

"Uhh, yeah," 

"Really? You managed to escape? Tell me all about it!" 

"Ok..." I didn't really want to, but I didn't know how to say "no". Kei always said to not say "no".

I went to sleep with thousands of thoughts in my mind. 

She reminds me of her.

Authors note:

Hello! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! I'm really bad at putting my perspective in the characters view, sorry! Also, sorry if it's a little rushed. Give me any tips in the comments. I will try to improve throughout the chapters! Have fun reading! 

Word count:

612 words