Chapter 4

It's hot, I want ice cream

Me and Kei turned around.

"Hello!" Kei shouted. 

"Hi," I said. I didn't know if Ichinose heard me. She had a towel on her shoulder, a bag on her other shoulder, and a cooler on the side of her. I heard you put things in there to keep it cold. I've never seen one in person though. 

"I'm so glad you came here! Both of you!" she said. "Come on, let's find somewhere to sit," we followed her into the sand. The sand was getting into my shoes and it was uncomfortable. Lots of people were here. 

We followed Ichinose to a less crowded area and then she pulled another towel from her bag and laid it on the sand.

"Let's catch up, are you guys going to college?" she asked us. 

"No," me and Kei said. 

"Are you going to college?" Kei asked. 

"I would love to, but I don't have enough money, neither does my family," she said. The White Room was basically a college for me. 

First Person POV - Yuki 

I didn't see Kiyotaka for the past two days. Where is he??? My mind was filled with thoughts of him. 

"Hey, Yuki, you good? You've been really distracted these couple days," It was Shiro. We were in one of the "classrooms" working on a hard worksheet. 

"Huh? Oh, yeah. By the way, Kiyotaka's been gone for a very long time, right?" I said. 

"Were you thinking of him?" he asked. 

"Ehh? N-no!" I quickly denied. Even though I was saying no, it wasn't that believable. 

"... ok," I know he didn't believe me. 

First Person POV - Ayanokoji

Ichinose quickly sent out another email telling them to turn right when they got to the beach. More people started to come as the time passed. Kei's friends came too. Kei ran up to hug Sato when she came. I wasn't surprised when I saw Hirata come. 

"Ah! Ayanokoji-kun! I'm surprised you came!" he said when he saw me.

"Yeah, I wasn't planning on coming," I replied. 

"Then why'd you come? Oh! I'm so happy you came though," He asked.

"Kei asked me to come," I said and pointed to her. She was already in the water with her friends. 

"Do you guys live in the same area?" 

"Yes," 

"That's great, you two are still together then, right?" 

"Yes," 

"I'm gonna go in the water now, do you want to come with me?" he asked. 

"I'm good," I declined. Sitting on the beach was fine for me. As I was sitting on the beach, I saw someone run towards me. It was Kei. 

"Kiyotaka! What are you doing? Come on, let's go in the water!" she called out to me. She came up to me and tried to pull me up. I got up by myself and she led me to the ocean. The water was a little warm from the sun. "Hurry up!" I guess I was going to slow as I felt her hands on my back and then I stumbled in the water and fell. She pushed me in the water.

"What was that for?" I asked her and got up. 

"You were going to slow. It's not that bad, it's just water," she told me. I pulled her closer and then shoved her into the water. That caught her off guard and she let out a scream as she fell in the water. "Hey!" she said getting up, "Now my mouth is salty! Ugh!" I have heard before that the oceans water is salty. Guess that was right. 

"Sorry," I apologized. 

"Hmph! I guess it's fine," she said with her arms crossed. This made me remember the pool scene at ANHS, although I pushed her first back then. 

"Aren't you going to go play with your friends?" I asked her. 

"Well, I would, but you seemed so lonely on the sand so I came to you. You should be glad that I'm playing with you," she said.

"I have such a kind girlfriend," I told her. This made her blush. She looked away. 

"O-of course!" she said still looking away, "A-anyway, let's go deeper!" 

We got out of the water after about thirty minutes. I saw someone grab an ice cream from the cooler. 

"Can I get an ice cream?" I asked Ichinose.

"Huh? Oh yeah, you don't have to ask, just take it!" she said. She was eating a popsicle. I grabbed an ice cream from the cooler. It was in a cup. 

"You want some?" I asked Kei.

"Sure," I gave her a scoop of mine, "That's delicious!" she said and went to get her own. She was smiling while eating hers.

We finished eating our ice creams. I didn't know what else to do. 

"Let's make a sand castle," Kei said. There were some buckets in the shape of castles. I've heard of that before, but this was my first time making one.

"Sure," she walked over and grabbed some of the buckets and started filling it up with wet sand. I grabbed another bucket and started doing the same thing. We repeated doing that until it was finished. 

"That was fun!" she said and then kicked the castle down. 

"Why'd you do that?" I asked. I didn't think she would just kick it right after we finished.

"Oh, did you want to keep it up? Sorry," she apologized. 

"No, but I didn't think you'd kick it," I told her.

 "Oh, well it's not like we need it. Plus, it was fun kicking it!" weird reasoning. We sat down and talked for another thirty minutes. 

The beach is fun

Authors note:

I won't be publishing for a week since I'm going on vacation. Sorry! I hope you enjoyed reading this so far though!

Word count:

955 words