Chapter 3

Will I ever be human?

Her parents stood up from the table and went up the stairs. Everyone else scrambled to their rooms as I heard running footsteps. I didn't know what to do until Kei, Kaede and Himari came down.  

"I can't believe you got everything correct!" Kaede said.

"Congrats! Expected of you," Kei said with a smirk.

"Thanks," Himari just stood there with a shocked face. 

Third Person POV:

"Where did that kid go?!" The man said to himself. 

"Should I go around the town searching for him?" A younger man asked him. 

"No, it's okay. He'll come back eventually," 

"Okay," The young man said and then bowed, signaling his leave. Where could he have gone?  The man thought.

Yuki First Person POV:

He just came back from high school and now he's gone again?! Is he out with his friends? No! His father wouldn't have let him! Did he sneak? Perhaps he's out with a... g- g- girlfriend?! NO WAY! Calm down Yuki. He doesn't like anyone. Even if he does, they won't know about his true self. Only you do. Only you do. I got lost in my thoughts when someone knocked on my door.

"AH! Who is it?" I asked frantically.

"It's me, come for dinner and then we'll start the course again. Did you finish the worksheets?" It was the teacher. 

"Ahh yes! I'll be down in just a second!"

"Okay,"

"Umm... wait! Is... is Kiyotaka coming? I haven't seen him all day." 

"Currently, no one has seen him," the teacher said and then I heard his footsteps. Where could he have gone? I collected myself and then went downstairs to the cafeteria.

"Ah, there you are, Yuki. What took you so long?" It was Shiro, he studied with us too.

"Oh umm, I was just reviewing the worksheets," I said coming up with a lie.

"Huh? You usually finish them pretty quickly, was it that hard?" He asked.

"Oh, no, not at all, I just got distracted, haha," I laughed it out. The rest of the lunch was silent, as usual.  

I was sitting in my room, wondering where Kiyotaka went. 

Bang!

The door opened and closed. I shot up from my seat. I calmed myself down before meeting him. I went down the stairs, a book in my hand and pretended I didn't realize he got home.

"Oh! Kiyotaka, you're home, where were you?" I asked 

"Umm, yeah, I went to the library." He quickly said. But I knew he was lying. He is said to be the "perfect human" but there are some things even he can't do. Like lying and especially emotions. 

"Hey wait up! Did you have dinner yet?" I asked before he went any farther.

"Yes. I'll be going now." 

Ayanokoji First Person POV: 

Phew, that was hard. I went to my room and felt my phone vibrate. It was Kei.

<Hello! Did you arrive home yet??? :))))>

<Yes>

<Oh and did you get the email Ichinose-san sent out? Are you going?>

I quickly checked my emails and saw that she sent an email about going to the beach together with the whole grade.

<My father won't let me. Are you?>

<Aww, can't you sneak out like last time?>

<Fine, I'll stay the night at your house, is that okay?>

<Ehh?... n-night?!>

<Should I not?>

<N-no! Of course you can. That's not a problem, when, tmr?>

<Sure, bye>

<Bye!>

I looked around my room and saw a couple of worksheets on my table. I quickly got them done and went to bed.
Beep beep!

It was 7. I got ready and went out to Kei's house. 

<I'm at your house>

<Oh, already? I'm coming!>

Click! The door unlocked.

"Ohayo!" 

"Ohayo,"

"Come in, lets go to my room! Be quiet, my families still sleeping." I nodded. We quietly tip toed up to Kei's room. I spent the whole day at her house and then I slept with her on her bed.

I woke up to the bright sun shining through the windows. I looked at the wall to check the clock. It was 7:30. In the White Room we always wake up at 7:30 to begin training. I looked up at Kei. She was still sleeping like a little puppy. 

"Kei, wake up," I whispered and shook her a little.

"Hmm?" she was still mostly asleep. 

"Wake up, it takes a little more than an hour to drive to the beach, I'm going to go change, wake up," I said and then brought my swim shorts to the bathroom. 

I came out of the bathroom to see that Kei was up. 

"Hey, Kiyotaka, which swimsuit should I wear?" she asked me, holding up two swimsuits.

"The right one," they both looked fine to me, but I just picked a random one. 

"Ok! I'm going to go change!" she said and headed into the bathroom with a t-shirt and shorts. 

We finished eating breakfast and went to Kei's car. I sat in the driver's seat and she sat in the passenger's seat. 

"You know how to drive, right?" she asked me before we headed off.

"Yes, I do," we were learning that in the White Room.

"Ok... drive safe, 'kay?" she sounded like she didn't believe me.

Kei played some music, and talked about some things like getting a part time job, a pet, and even moving out of her family's house. Before we she knew it, we were at the beach. 

"Woah! I haven't been to a beach in so long!" she said and hopped out of the car. I went to the trunk and got the towels and our bags with our change of clothes while she was heading towards the sand. I hurriedly caught up to her and handed over her towel and bag. "Thanks!" 

As we were heading over, we heard someone call us.

"Ayanokoji-kun!... Karuizawa-san! Hello!" Ichinose called out. 

My first time at the beach

Word count:

890 words