Chapter 2

The person I wanted to meet is back

I was walking back to the White Room. When a voice called out.

"Kiyo...taka? KIYOTAKA!!!" The voice brought back memories. Before I could react, she pulled me into a hug. I hugged back. I told the guards to go back to a distance where they can see me but they couldn't hear me and Kei.

"I...I missed you!" She cried.

"I missed you too," I said

"I have to go, meet me at the garden at 2 AM." I said and then I started to walk away leaving her with no choice.

It was almost 2 AM. I had to start going out. I silently went downstairs and knocked out the guards guarding the door. Did father really think this lowly of me? In no time, I was out. The garden had no one except for Kei. Tears came down her face, she quickly wiped them so I wouldn't see. I did see though.

"I'm... I'm so happy!" She said and threw herself on me.

"Me too," I said and hugged her back. We spent the rest of the night catching up in the 1 year gap. She moved here a couple of days ago since her father got accepted in a job here. We talked for so long, the sun was starting to rise. 

"Oh no! My parents are going to be so angry at me! I have to go! Do you want to talk later?" Kei suddenly said. 

"Sure," I said. I wasn't sure if father would even let me out though. 

"We can go to my house next time. It's a bit chilly. Bye bye!" Kei said and started to run. I went back to the White Room and pretended like I never went. The guards were still on the floor when I got back. I looked at the clock, 6 AM. I headed to bed after the long talk.

First Person POV - Kei:

I quickly ran back to my house opening the door silently. Luckily, no one woke up. I went to my room to pretend to sleep. I started to drift away. 

"Kei! Wake up! Kei!!" I rubbed my eyes to see who it was. It was my little sister, Kaede. 

"Hmm? What time is it?" I asked, half awake.

"It's 7:48! I'm going to be late for school!" I had to send her to school since both my parents go to work early. 

"Isn't it Himari's day?" Himari was our babysitter/maid.

"No! Todays not her day! She has other stuff to do! Hurry up!" I quickly got up and got dressed to go. I would've been going to college now, but my parents didn't want to pay for it. They never cared too much for me and Kaede, they just wanted us to be smart. They always leave math worksheets for us and I used to get whipped with a belt for failing them. Although I have improved now since Kiyotaka tutored me and ANHS. 

"Okay come on. Hop in." I told Kaede. I quickly drove to her school trying to make sure she wasn't late. Luckily, she wasn't.

"Have a good day!" I told her before she ran off.

"Mhmm!! Bye bye!" She said and quickly ran off. I drove back home and got some more sleep. 

I woke up 2 hours later. I went down stairs to get some breakfast. 

"Kei, your parents left you some work on the counter. I'll make you some waffles." Himari told me. 

"Ugh, okay." I took a look at the sheets. I grabbed a pencil and started to work. A couple minutes later, Himari gave me the waffles. I finished the sheet and breakfast and was left with nothing else to do. I wish I got Kiyotaka's number!! I was bored to death.

"Oh, Kei, can you go to the library? Kaede needs some books about volcanos. Her topic is volcanos for her poster project." Himari asked. Since I had nothing else to do, I agreed.