₀₃. murder of crows

CHAPTER THREE▪▫▪▫▪

CHAPTER THREE
▪▫▪▫▪

SNEAKING INTO THE FIGHTING PIT of Ketterdam was an easy feat. A hood over her golden locks and a poise of someone who belonged and she was now seating on a little bench in front of a wooden box where two cups of steaming tea lay.

Eira, her favorite little healer was sitting opposite her. "You could've brought me a gift, Ki," he said as he took a sip of his tea, the braids on his hair, covering his face as he bowed down to drink the hot beverage. "I hear Ravka has great pocket watches."

"You don't have pockets, Eira." Kira looked pointedly at his shirt and shorts which were the simplest cut of fabric anyone had ever seen sewed.

Eira pouted slightly. "Then you could've brought me clothes with pockets."

"You can steal those from any corner shop in the University District. Pout your lips, do a little dance, or just act like a delivery boy."

"I'm not a thief," said Eira. He put his cup back on the wooden box and shrugged. "I can't tell the time either way. So it's fine."

"You give up too easily. You have to bargain, darling, I was close to giving you your gift."

"If it's my gift then I should have it."

"Fair point," Kira replied with a smile before digging her hand into her pocket and taking out a little dagger she'd made off the buttons she'd used to fight against volcra and the Darkling. She was bored out of her mind during the boat trip. "Here."

"A knife."

"Little dagger, actually."

"Right." Eira eyed the piece with judgy eyes and Kira scowled at him. It wasn't a work of art but it had a decently sharp blade and she'd wrap a piece of emerald fabric from her dress around the handle. It was cute and practical. "Where did you get it?"

"Ravka. The metal was used in a fight against the creatures in the Fold," she told him with a smile and Eira's eyes lit up.

"Really?" He swished the dagger around in the air, a grin on his face.

"Oh, yes. So, use it when you need it and it'll keep you safe."

"Thanks, Ki."

Kira waved him off with a smile as she stood up. "By the way, do you happen to know where the Wraith is?"

Eira blushed. "She came here looking for a Heartrender. But I'm a Healer, you see. She told me to tell you she'd be going to the bottom of the Barrel."