Epilogue

Epilogue

Three months after the battle of Bakunawa and Minokawa, the academy has never been the same. The children of Bakunawa have been relocated away from the academy and to a more dense area where Sigren can watch over them even when the real story about Bakunawa is made known. According to him, there's too much tension—the demigods killing his siblings and him killing other demigods—for things to be normal between the two races.

The demigod students in the academy have been slightly peaceful lately. The demigods would no longer pester the Engkantos or bully them into submission, especially after Maya was appointed as head of their faction. With the fake moonstone gone, Maya is able to keep her strength in the morning and show her prowess, allowing her to gain the respect of her peers. The engkantos are also given a voice through Adonis, who is appointed as the head of the engkanto faction in the academy.

Speaking of heads, Axel has woken up after a week. The man has been under the spell of Minokawa for years, which makes most of the events foreign to him. He admits that the last thing that he remembers is getting too close to the Mayari dormitory and hearing a voice. He says that he sees vague images of what he has done but cannot break free from the deity's strong influence. Queen Diya and the academy did not give him more punishment because having one arm amputated for abusing the power of Minokawa is more than enough. He was banished and had his powers taken away from him so he could become a regular human.

The man looks regretful and traumatized enough that it seems like he was more than glad that his powers were taken away.

Coach Oscar still teaches despite having one leg. No son of a war god is going to quit fighting just because he lost a leg—that's a fact that Maya just found out.

"Lobo, here." Maya calls for her wolf companion just as she starts to head into the graveyard where her friend Ingko is buried. Lobo bounds to her, wagging its tail and nuzzling her face.

"You're late." Maya looks up and sees her friend Sigren standing by the gates with his arms crossed. His tail is gone, and he now has human legs, which he covers with some baggy pants paired with a tight black shirt. "Got some problems with the demigods?"

When Lobo lays eyes on Sigren, she runs towards him and begins to shower him with kisses. Sigren can only laugh and push her back.

Maya sighs. It was only with Sigren that she could show her exasperated expression. "Tell me about it. It's hard to teach some kids a lesson about respecting the engkantos."

Sigren snorts in a way that suggests he already expected such an outcome. "What do you expect? There's no way that the demigods would swallow their pride and be that nice so easily."

Maya can only roll her eyes and hand over that bouquet of lilies that she picked along the way to Sigren. "You do know that I am a demigod as well, right?"

"You're different, though." Sigren mutters while walking alongside Maya to where they lay the flowers on Ingko's grave. A moment of silence passes between them before Maya turns to Sigren.

"I heard that other Bakunawa children have been found? How are they?"

"They're fine. Amon and Sabath is watching over them right now. I think I have about five new siblings now." He sighs, scratching the back of his head problematically. "Being a big brother is hard. Now I know how Ingko must have felt while he raised me when he was alive."

Maya chuckles and takes a seat next to Sigren on the ground. Lobo lays down next to her as well, resting her head on Maya's lap. "I kind of know what you feel right now." She says while petting Lobo's head.

Sigren turns to her with a curious gaze. "Don't tell me, they found a sibling of yours?"

Maya nods. "A son of Mayari this time. He's in his early teens so I really don't know if I can get along with him."