Five

"Wow? Again?" You mumbled, looking up to see Ghostface standing above you.

"Yes, again."

"You killed Anika, you're insane!" You yelled, trying to crawl backwards away from him. This just trapped you in a corner.

"Maybe I am. Maybe I'm a psychopath. But I get what I want."

He stared at you for a few moments. You could tell his eyes weren't leaving you from under that mask. You looked around for a weapon. A piece of the door that fell off when he kicked it was lying on the ground.

You picked it up and threw it at him as hard as you could. He jumped and then looked at you in anger.

"Get away from me." You said sternly.

"I suggest you shut your pretty little mouth. I'm the one with the knife."

"Just go away!" You cried.

He bent down, bringing his mask close to your face again. "As you wish," he whispered, walking out of the apartment.

All of this was too overwhelming. Your head was pounding, and your body ached. Everything went black.

"y/n, please wake up."

You opened your eyes slowly to see Ethan looking down at you. As you looked around, you realized that you were laying on him. Your face heated up and flushed.

"Huh?"

"Thank god you're ok," he mumbled.

"Ghostface got me," You said softly.

"I know, I'm so sorry."

"It's ok, Ethan. You didn't do anything. It's not like you're Ghostface."

"Yeah... I'm not. I would never want to scare you like he did."

You trust Ethan, you really do. But he sounded nervous, and he sounded guilty. It felt wrong to ever suspect him of being Ghostface, but anyone could be Ghostface. Even if it was one of yourown friends.

"He killed Anika."

"I know I-"

You looked around in a panic. "Wait, where am I?"

"Oh uh, my apartment."

As you took in your surroundings, you realized Ethan and you were on his couch. You know that Chad lives with Ethan, but you assumed he was probably at the hospital with everyone else where you should be.

Aside from Anika, you were the only one who didn't get to the other apartment. They couldn't risk going back in for me because Ghostface was still in the apartment. You would have done the same thing.

But how did Ethan know we were attacked?

"Ethan I need to go see them. They're probably at the hospital right now," You said, now moving so that there was space between you and him on the couch.

"I don't think you should... We don't know if they are even still there, and you're hurt. Just stay the night."

Ethan was very sweet. Sometimes too sweet. He seemed more than happy to keep you prisoner at his home rather than you reuniting with your wounded friends.

"Ok... I'm going to call Tara then."

You looked around for your phone and patted down your pockets. "Where is it?" You mumbled.

"Oh no... I forgot to grab it when I brought you back here. I would call her for you, but my phones dead."

You sighed. "So, how'd you find me?"

"I was coming back from Econ and I saw that there were police by the apartment, and I knew you were having a sleepover and I just had to check on you. I knew it must of been Ghostface. I went into Tara's apartment and I found you knocked out," Ethan explained, moving a bit closer to me on the couch.

You were so worried about your friends. I was traumatized from watching Anika fall.

Mindy must be devastated, because Anika was her girlfriend. Some of the others had really bad injuries. You hoped that they were ok.

But you just couldn't help yourself. You wanted to stay the night at Ethan's. You didn't know why, you just felt like you needed to be around him.

"This whole Ghostface thing is just freaking me out, Ethan. He tries to kill all of my friends, and then he taunts me. But it's not just that he's teasing me anymore, he's... he's like flirting with me."

"I don't know, maybe I'm overreacting. But his intent doesn't seem like it's to kill when he's around me."

ETHAN

Ethan was silent. He bit his lip, forcing back a smirk. He really didn't want to hurt y/n. The only reason he was a killer was because of his dad and because his family was avenging his dead brother, Richie Kirsch.

But when he was Ghostface, he felt so powerful. Like he could control anyone he wanted to, just because he had advantage of their fear.

He wanted y/n so badly, and he would do anything in his power to fulfill that. The only reason he knew where y/n was happened to be because he was the one who had caused her to be passed out in the first place.

Ethan didn't intend to do that, or even harm her at all. But it had worked out, since he was able to take off his Ghostface costume and bring her back to his apartment, purposely leaving her phone behind.

Now, y/n was here, with him. Alone.

He snapped back to reality, realizing that he was deep in thought about y/n, forgetting she was sitting right next to him. Ethan would do anything for her.

"y/n, I'm so sorry. But hey, at least that means you're safe? If he won't kill you, then at least you won't get hurt. I'm sorry I wasn't there to keep him away from you."

y/n stared at Ethan with a smile for a few moments, and then she pulled him in for a compassionate and long-lasting hug.

His heart fluttered as her arms wrapped around him. Perfect. He could still be Ghostface and fulfill his father's wishes, but he could also have y/n wrapped around his finger.

He had to make a move, even if it was a small one. "Here, you can sleep in my bed," Ethan offered.

"Are you sure? I feel bad."

"I'm sure."

Ethan led y/n to his room, and she burried herself under his blanket, clearly exhausted. She was already beginning to fall asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

Ethan leaned over her, and gently placed a kiss on her forehead. He saw her cheeks turn pink as her eyes closed and he smiled to himself.

He left the room and shut the door. Once he knew she was asleep, he put on his ghostface mask and robe.