Thirteen

You walked out of the apartment, Ethan's screams behind you. You couldn't let a killer on the loose, so you locked him in your room before you left the apartment.

You arrived at Sam and Tara's apartment, which also appeared to be hosting Mindy and Chad. You were so glad to see them after being stuck with only Ethan for the past week.

"How's your psycho boyfriend doing?" Mindy asked. You could still tell she disapproved of what you were doing by the bitter tone of her voice.

"Great," You mumbled.

When you had told Chad and Mindy what happened, they were shocked. Mindy was hurt, but also not surprised. She has shouted over and over again that she knew it and that she warned you not to not fall for him.

She begged you to turn him in, but you still refused.

Chad was heartbroken. He wanted nothing to do with Ethan. They were very close, so he found himself unable to speak.

It was still a miracle that Chad survived.

You knew you couldn't live like this with Ethan forever. You weren't sure how long it would last, or what it would result in.

"I don't even know what to do with him. He whines whenever I leave the room."

Sam sighed. "Even though I hate the guy, he just lost his whole family. You're the only other person he loves. I'm guessing that's why he clearly had attachment issues," she theorized.

The others nodded their heads in agreement.

"I think he's the only Ghostface that ever survived," Mindy realized.

"You messed up the trilogy, y/n," Chad laughed.

You smiled to myself, but you still worried about leaving Ethan alone. You couldn't let him hurt anyone else like he did your friends.

But when you got back to my apartment, there was silence when you called out his name.

"Ethan! E! I'm back!" You shouted.

You approached my bedroom, and unlocked the door. When you looked in the room, Ethan was nowhere to be found. But you did see that he seemed to rummage through some of your things.

The pictures of the two of you that you kept and hid after his Ghostface reveal were lying on the bed sheets, and you turned red in embarrassment. He had seen those and that you kept them in a special drawer?

A drawer dedicated to us and all of our memories together.

You couldn't let your sad emotions take over. You had to find him before he started the Ghostface killings all over again.

You rushed out of the apartment, running down the streets and shouting his name. A wave of relief washed over you when you spotted his tall curly-haired figure only a few steps ahead.

Running as fast as you could, you appeared at his side, grabbing his arm. "What are you doing?"

Ethan jumped a bit, and relaxed when he saw it was you. "Walking?"

"I told you to stay in the apartment!"

"I kinda got that when you locked me in your room," he said, a snarky tone.

"Whatever! Ethan, you know why! It's not like I don't have a reason or that I want to!"

Ethan sighed. "You know I'll stop anything for you. Because I want you. I won't touch anyone ever again if it pleases you."

You walked Ethan back to your apartment, and he didn't object. The argument only continued when you arrived back in your apartment.

"You said it felt good to kill Chad! A sane person doesn't say that!"

"y/n, you know I regret ever hurting Chad! He was my best friend!"

You crossed your arms, and just looked away from him. Every time you looked at his face, you saw a serial killer. He was never the same Ethan that you once knew.

Instead of Ethan, it was Ghostface. You would black out, and instead of Ethan hugging me, you would see Ghostface with a knife against your throat.

"I should of never saved you! I should of turned you into the police!"

Ethan frowned. He had no response.

"Maybe I will now."

You walked towards the table to grab my phone, but Ethan grabbed it before you could and held it high in the air so you couldn't reach it.

"Sweetheart, you know I'm sorry! Please! I never should of done any of that. I just wanted to be good enough for my dad, and good enough for you. And I was in such grieving of my brother-"

"You know your brother was a psychotic serial killer who was a terrible person!"

Ethan snapped at the mention of his brother. Just like he knew you still loved him, he loved his brother.

"Don't talk about him like that!" he yelled, raising his voice significantly.

You twitched at the sound of his raised voice and just rolled my eyes. "Of course you defend him."

Ethan stepped forward and looked down at you angrily. "You forget who has the upper hand here. If I don't want to be turned in, I won't be."

You knew deep down that he was right. He would always overpower you, or maybe even outsmart you. He was the trained killer here.

"I just can't Ethan! I can't let you out of my sight because I'm worried you're going to murder someone! That's not normal!" I retorted.

"But I won't."

You felt a tear escape my eyes. "You killed Anika..."

You could see tears in Ethan's eyes too. "I know."