Gangster

Cali's POV

The weather was perfect and I had a good feeling; like something great would happen today. I never ignore my gut because what can I say?..it never lies.

I skipped over to Molly and started to fill my mags along with her.

"Hey, you goin on the run?" Molly asked.

Molly has been my bestfriend and roommate from college to now. We have our ups and downs but we have each others back and that's what matters.

"Yeah, Brandon and Clover are coming, you comin?" She nodded and tied her red locks into a curly bun on the top of her head.

"Where'd Brandon say we're goin?" She asked as she clicked the mag into her pistol.

"The town to the west, we never got to the supermarket last time."

"That sounded weird..like we're goin shoppin," she scoffed, squinting at the sun and putting her gun in her waist band.

I snickered,"If only."

Brandon came around with his rifle, "Molly you comin?"

We found Brandon injured on the side of the road during a run, now Molly and him are in love. Like some kind of odd fairytale.

"Yeah, don't got much else to do." her southern accent really sounds nice..anyway-

I'm from California. Obviously, because my parents named me Cali. The Irony.

But, Molly and I shared a dorm and decided to come visit her family in Georgia. That's when the end of the world happened.

Luckily, her Dad is a sheriff of the town Senoia. So we went to the the fenced sheriffs department at the beginning. I can't imagine what it was like in the city.

"Clover ain't comin, she twisted her ankle helpin build up the fences." Brandon said loading his gun, "Ya'll ready? We got about two hours before it starts to get dark." Molly and I nodded in sync and walked toward the gate while Brandon walked to the car lot.

Clover and her two kids were neighbors to Molly. Everyone else, we found throughout the years of the apocalypse. I guess you could say we are all family, we look out for each other and we are strong together.

I walked to the gate and opened it slightly, stabbing two Walkers pressed up against it. When they fell to the ground I opened it the rest of the way and Brandon drove the truck onto the road.

I closed the gate and hopped in the back seat, "What a beautiful day it is," Molly said rolling her window down.

I rolled my window down and felt the air fly through my fingers, "It really is." I agreed.

I was enjoying the scenery when we passed the small house we happen to pass by a lot. Molly's dad said to leave it alone in case someone needs it.

I have a fantastic memory and I know for a fact the window on the door wasn't broken and the curtains weren't closed, "Wait! I think someone's in that house."

"Then we should leave it alone," Brandon said as he continued to drive.

"What if they need help?" I asked looking back at the house we passed.

"What if they're bad people, Cali?" Molly asked lecturing like.

"What if they aren't? People make us stronger. Please let us go back and check, we are skilled enough to be okay." I spoke fast and frantically as the house got further away.

After a long silence Molly spoke, "Maybe we should. She's right, we're strong, and they are close to home it's best to check no matter what."

Brandon sighed and pulled the truck over, "Fine, but we're walkin from here to stay low."