Steel

I woke up in a bed with an IV in my arm. Nothing else was in the grey room except for the bed and the IV stand.

I pulled out the IV and tried getting up but soon sat back down seeing white spots everywhere. I put my head in my hands trying to get the spots to go away.

I heard the door click open and saw none other then Regina. I got up quickly forgetting about the pulsing in my head and charged at her.

Unfortunately I hadn't noticed that I had a chain shackled to one of my ankles. I fell flat on my face and she laughed, "I was looking forward to that."

I want to grab the IV stand to beat her with it from a distance but she pulled a gun on me. "Sit down," she motioned with the gun.

I got off the floor and sat down flimsily with a glare. I hope I was glaring at her and not the wall because my spotted vision wasn't very reliable right now.

"You impressed me. I thought you'd be close to sheer death before putting a dent into that horde." she lowered the gun, keeping it at her side. "I have a bargain for you. My people work hard, that's why we have such a strong foundation. I give back to them through supplies, jobs, and..entertainment."

"You're threw me into a damn cage for entertainment?" I hissed.

"No no. That was revenge, vengeance, a coping mechanism of mine..Whatever you wanna call it."

"...Feel any better Regina?"

"No." she pierced her lips. "I had so many plans to watch you suffer but silly me was only thinking of myself. You see, i'm a good leader-" I scoffed and she glared at me. "I like to give my people what they want, because they do exactly what I say....Every weekend we put on a show. We use prisoners or enemy's, or even sometimes some people of mine who volunteer."

"Volunteer for what? What show?"

"A gladiator ring."

"The hell is that?" I asked rubbing my temples.

"I'd like for you to fight in the ring with whatever circumstances we throw at you. This way I get to see you suffer with all of my people. But also get entertainment out of it. You put on quite a show the other day. You may be our new star," she chuckled deviously.

"And if I say no?"

"Then you can live in that cage for all I care." she snapped. My head and stomach ached at the thought of that cage but I concealed my facial expression.

"What am I supposed to do when i'm not entertaining you and your slaves?"

She scoffed, "Well we could use some cleaning. Mostly you'll be at the fence with a few other prisoners, helping regulate the Creeps on the perimeter. There's a few openings inside the fence you can take them out through."

"There's something you're leaving out, I can feel it."

She smiled, "Most of the time you'll be recovering from the fight nights. The circumstances are up to my people. But with you...i'll make sure your circumstances are hell."

"There it is." I mumbled.

"You start tonight. Someone will bring you some food, let you get cleaned up, then i'll bring you out to the ring."

"Okay," I mumbled.

She clapped, "I just can't wait!" and then left the room. What a stupid-

The door opened again and I smelled bread and tomato soup. I looked up and was surprised to see Nathan. "Here, you need energy."