It Never Ends

Two weeks later

The past two weeks have been a blur. They dragged me out of the ring by my arms. They kept telling me to get up but I wouldn't respond. I couldn't. It was like I was frozen. Next thing I know I'm in my room getting glass yanked out of my foot. Then everything went black.

When I woke up I can recall being talked to by Regina, the doctor, Harper even came by. I still couldn't speak or make out what they were saying. So I just slept for what felt like ever.

I woke up in the middle of the night after witnessing the same monster I came face to face with, in my dreams.

I was covered in cold sweats and I couldn't breathe. I sat on the edge of my bed, my legs and hands shaking.

By morning I had calmed down my breathing and decided I never wanted to sleep again. The door clanked and Nathan walked in with a trey of food. He looked at me with pity and set the trey beside me, starting to walkout.

"Wait," I almost whispered. He turned waiting for me to speak. "It was real right?"

"Was what real?"

"The..monster." he nodded reluctantly.

"How?"

"I don't know. But she.. mutated it somehow." I zoned out and heard him leave slowly.

It looked like it was a completly different species. I can't fathom how that was in any way real. I ran my fingers down my jaw feeling the confirming gash.

I couldn't stay in this room anymore. It felt so stuffy and restraining.

I limped out into the hall my right foot feeling completely invisible. I'm pretty sure my wrists had permanent cuff marks.

Today I was for once glad to clean. So that I could stay awake.

When I first got here I would dream about my family. Dream about coloring with Olli. Joking around with everyone. Now my dreams are no longer an escape but an antagonizing reality.

I got to the closet and got the mop out, filled the bucket with soapy water from the small tap in the closet and got to work.

I wonder if they are doing good. I'm sure they are. I try to pray for them as much as possible. I just wish I could see their faces. I could never forget my family but eventually memory's get foggy and that scares me.

My mind came to a halt when I saw two guards holding limp Harper by the arms and pulling her down the hall. She was bruised and bloodied. Somewhere she was bleeding alot and it left a trail. Her red convers dragging lines into it. Regina followed behind.

As they passed by me my heart dropped. "What'd you do to her?" I tried asking casually but my voice had a slight shake to it.

"What needed to be done." Regina said unfazed her heels clicking past me.

How can she be so heartless. Harper isn't nothing so why would she treat her that way. Why would she cause so many people so much pain? She's ruthlessly awful. She's more then that. She's a cold blooded monster.

I stomped forward and grabbed her by her pony tail pulling her backwards. She shrieked and grabbed at my rough grip on her hair. I dragged her toward me ready to rip her to shreds.

The two guards pulled me off her roughly by my sore arms. I kicked behind me and one of the guards trip and lose their grip. I got in Regina's face, "Your nothing!"

The two guards yanked me away once again. I swung my feet up and kicked her as hard as possible in the face before they could pull me away. Her head flew to the side as she failed at her attempt to get up, falling again .Blood gushed from her nose. "Your nothing." I said getting my hands cuffed behind me.